• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Six Pax initial setup

Joemoy29

Reaction score
Hello and thanks in advance. I have been searching for info and have not found much, I just received my setup back from Chicago Carburetor and I think they did a great job. They installed the carbs and linkage on the intake. I am waiting for someone to send me the supplement to owners manual but I need as much information as I can find, there are a ton of vacuum ports I think some are for the secondary's. I would hope that the rebuilder set the mixture screws close but, what should I be doing to prep this for first start? Its a 340 in a 72 cuda, manual brakes power steering

thank you

Joemoy29

Reaction score
Also does the car need a special throttle cable for six pack

307AAAE2-7F29-427A-8C07-0FB03E30DFD4.jpeg

478BBD7D-C5D3-4C9A-890D-0FE7A22B5865.jpeg

6C276C9D-F23F-478D-AC6A-A43A1FA1D4FC.jpeg

rklein71

Reaction score
I ran a six pack on my 440 that I had in a 69 Barracuda for over 25 years. No special throttle cable needed, just make sure that it opens the throttle plates fully. The linkages on the carbs are only there to close the carbs. Generally, the air fuel mixture screws on Holleys are set at a turn and a half from fully shut as a starting point. The outboard carbs do have air fuel mixture screws at the base of the carb and might need to be adjusted. I think I had mine 3/4 turn out, been a long time since I set them and never messed with them again. Your carbs may have the lead plugs hiding the mixture screws.... Make sure the throttle linkages are adjusted right, with the center carb shut, adjust the linkages so they just slide in the hole easily. That way the outboard carbs fully close when you let off the throttle completely. Good luck!

Joemoy29

Reaction score
Thanks for the pic and info. Do you happen to have a pic of the other side?

Back