• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Slow Boat To Your Doorstep!

wedg2go

Reaction score
This new way of "Corona Life" has really placed a bind in deliveries to our doorstep.

Living in and around a small mountain town, in Colorado, really limits our ability to simply go to the store and buy just anything. This includes car parts!

Our only solution is to order on-line and wait. Which is "A"-typical for living in the country. It exemplifies the laid back lifestyle.

However, the last 4 months or so, my orders to delivery time has turned from 3 days to a week, a week to 2 weeks and 2 weeks turning into 3 and 4 weeks. In fact, I will receive an e-mail telling me my order is on it's way, a day or so after I order, and a week or so later I will receive another email telling me my same order is "now" on it's way. It's ridiculous!

Anybody else experiencing delivery hold-ups on your projects?

budascuda

Reaction score
For small towns the parcels get bundledup, I guess if the volume is decreased it takes longer to put a reasonable size bundle of parcels together.
In Canada we wait like you now do, (i)regardless!
With all this virus thing, I must say, once the parcel arrives, I would treat the packaging a bit differently tho, perhaps unpack outside.....
As my friend always said;
Keep your feet warm, your powder dry and stay safe!

DrEamer

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat, but not as bad as you have it. Just ordered from Summit on Friday, they use to get it out that day, but looks like Monday or Tuesday now. I also have a backordered part at Classic Industries that I sent an email on over a week ago that has yet to be answered. If I can't get that part, I'm in the world of hurt, since they have an exclusive on that part. :(

wedg2go

Reaction score
For small towns the parcels get bundledup, I guess if the volume is decreased it takes longer to put a reasonable size bundle of parcels together.
In Canada we wait like you now do, (i)regardless!
With all this virus thing, I must say, once the parcel arrives, I would treat the packaging a bit differently tho, perhaps unpack outside.....
As my friend always said;
Keep your feet warm, your powder dry and stay safe!

Great advice budascuda!

Lately, I perhaps, have gotten a little overboard with new packages when they arrive.
Thankfully I have a can of Lysol nearby, latex gloves, anti-bac soap and a service sink with a big "H" on the left handle!
I won't believe the nay-sayers until they can prove this virus is anything but dangerous.

budascuda

Reaction score
wedg2go, NOTHING is overboard when the safety of you and yours is at stake.
I agree a %100, don't let your guards down till we know what is with this thing.

Rich G.

Reaction score
I feel sorry for DrEamer if you’re waiting for a back order from classic Ind. My experience with their back orders is never! They do show everything but that doesn’t always help. I hope you have better luck. I was very surprised and happy I got one of my impossible to find missing piece from Canada in 9 days!

Back