• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Small Block 4bbl Kickdown linkage

Status
Not open for further replies.

71Challenger318

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Anyone have the one piece kickdown linkage and bracket for a small block? I lost the rod...and I can't make the 2bbl throttle cable mount work either. Shipping would be to 22664, VA. Thanks in advance.

Rob C

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a few of those rods hanging around. PM me your address.

The cable mounts need a bracket to work. You can custom make one from sheet metal. It should look like a side veiw of the cab adapters for the 4bbl.s. I now you said 2bbl. but, I haven't messed with one of those and a cable yet.

The OE Carter 4bbl. carbs do not accept the Lokar style cables unless you have a bracket.
Here @ FABO I posted my creation; http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showpost.php?p=91646&postcount=80
&
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showpost.php?p=91931&postcount=81

Forgive the blurry shot below, it was the only one I could find except the thread links above, which are much better. There on a Duster.

bracket close up.jpg

71Challenger318

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very interesting. I have seen the Lokar cable but I'm not sure I want to go that route. What made you choose it? More adjustable? I have the throttle bracket from the 2bbl and its just to short for the thermoquad. I might cut and weld in pieces to make it as tall as a 4bbl one. I have a 4bbl one off of a factory 340 car that I am modeling after, it has the single rod type kickdown like my 2bbl used to have.

Rob C

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I couldn't fit the B body linkage that it came with into the A body, the engine compartment is smaller than a B body. Theres other makeres of these types of cables FYI. I only used this one set up so far.

It is adjustable during set up and once it is set, theres not a hole lot of room for adjustment. If you leave the cables long, you can re-cut the sleave and cable to fit another car, if need be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back