• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Small Block rebuild books...

nixrsix

Reaction score
I've researched that this book is the best one, but at $100:eek:! Whats the next best book? I read mixed reviews everywhere and none shine like this book below.

sbme.jpg

70chall440

Reaction score
How to hot rod Small Block Mopars by Shepard is very good IMO, the DC race bulletins are good as well (also by Shepard) but dated. I pretty much have all of them and the one I mentioned was/is the most helpful to me.

tonysrt

Reaction score
I have 3 other small block books and the disappointing thing is they don't recommend which block would be the best foundation for the build.

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
The strongest block would be the R3 with 6 bolt / cylinder head bolting , next the production T/A blocks withe the thick main ribs , my next choice would be the 87-92 LA roller cam blocks

tonysrt

Reaction score
Any thoughts on the later magnums, after 92, because I have an 02 complete engine less the Fuel Injection.

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
Magnums are great engines also , just not a fan of the ball stud [chev style] rocker system , you cannot adapt any other head to the magnum block because they changed to pushrod oiling .

moparmike1974

Reaction score
I have the whole set of the old MP books, they are very good. I also have the how to rebuild by shepherd, also a good book. Mine is a first issue, must be worth a small fortune :)
I recently picked up a book on small block strokers.

Back