• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Small town mini-car show

340challconvert

Reaction score
Attended a small local car show in a park yesterday in Madison , NJ
About 30 cars ranging from hot rods to new and old muscle cars. Only one e-body; an 1970 RT SE 440 4 speed. The car was restored beautifully with all correct coded parts on a numbers matching Challenger. A great car with a small number of items needed to be totally correct. Of course the car was beautiful and modeled what my Y 1 Challenger should look like!

IMG_6503.jpg

IMG_6501.jpg

IMG_6502.jpg

IMG_6499.jpg

budascuda

Reaction score
340, your challenger will look just as nice but all correct AND convertible.... Cant get much better! 😍

fasjac

Reaction score
Attended a small local car show in a park yesterday in Madison , NJ
About 30 cars ranging from hot rods to new and old muscle cars. Only one e-body; an 1970 RT SE 440 4 speed. The car was restored beautifully with all correct coded parts on a numbers matching Challenger. A great car with a small number of items needed to be totally correct. Of course the car was beautiful and modeled what my Y 1 Challenger should look like!

View attachment 86731

View attachment 86732

View attachment 86733

View attachment 86734
Nice Challenger!

1970RTSE

Reaction score
Nice to see a top banana RT/SE 440, looks in awesome condition it gives me inspiration to get my 440 RT/SE on the road

340challconvert

Reaction score
Very minor things the owner wanted to correct to be a total NOS resto;
removal of RT emblems, factory correct red cap battery, under hood insulation pad, and some decals.
Car was very correct right down to correct Mopar logo radiator and cooling hoses!

340challconvert

Reaction score
why the r/t emblems?
Ted, A66 Challengers (JH) were not RT cars; they had the RT equipment and came with the Hi performance 340 small block. RT Challengers came standard with the HP 383 big block coded (JS) Many owners of A66 Challengers often added the RT emblems.
There is also some unsubstantiated data that mistakes were made where the emblems were added at assembly time. A assembly line worker could have mistakenly have seen the hood, the bumble stripe, and dual exhaust and think RT.

Last edited:

i_taz

Reaction score
Too bad they thought making it a r/t would increase it's value...
How about the bumble bee stripe...?

I assume everything came with the insulator... but never been sure...?
The R/T hood louvers come out so wouldn't it get in the way...?

340challconvert

Reaction score
Too bad they thought making it a r/t would increase it's value...
I assume everything came with the insulator... but never been sure...?
The R/T hood louvers come out so wouldn't it get in the way...?
The 1970, 340 A66 Challenger came standard with the RT heavy duty suspension and brakes, the RT hood, the bumble bee stripe and scat pack bees in the quarter windows. Initially, they also came standard with 15" rallye wheels and tires and a collapsible spare (both required at extra cost) The wheel well moldings were also deleted.

Interestingly, regarding value; A66 Challengers now sell for about the same money as a base 383 RT Challenger.

I believe the hood insulation pad was an option on all Challengers!

1970RTSE

Reaction score
Did it have the overhead consul as I don’t believe A66 had this option

Matt68

Reaction score
Matt
Did not know about the show in Edison
I wish I had known.
Any pics of the Charger or other cars?
Charger left at noon as I was getting to it, so no pics of that one. I’ll try to post some of the pics I did take. There were 4 Lamborghini’s!

Back