• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Sound Dampener/ Insulation Suggestions Wanted

VillaTA

Reaction score
I am looking to add firewall insulation and sound dampener to the interior of my TA this fall. Looking for suggestions. I have used Second Skin Damplifier Pro in the past. It is a great product for sound Deadening but I’m not sure about how well it reduces heat. Plus it was not asphalt based so no off gassing of VOCs.
Any success stories out there that can reduce or prevent the firewall heat transfer?

Juan Veldez

Reaction score
I used Dynamat for it's sound deadening and heat barrier qualities. I know the off-gassing can be an issue, but I'll drive with the windows down for the first couple months if necessary. I used this in conjunction with the factory fiberglass insulation at the kick panels and firewall wanting to get the most bang.

Attachments

• 20210916_080416.jpg
    20210916_080416.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 116

themechanic

Reaction score
I have FatMat and double sided aluminum jute heat barrier in my Coronet. I'll post the link from Summit.

themechanic

Reaction score
Summit doesn't stock it anymore. Bonded Logic Tru-Max Super Insulator. Amazon doesn't stock it either. They do have a single sided product that would work.

Speedway Motors has the double sided heat barrier.

Last edited:

fasjac

Reaction score
I haven’t heard this complaint without headers in the past. Before my restoration, heat from the floor seemed to be an issue for me in the summer. I just used the dynomat and sound and heat almost gone. Make sure you don’t have any open holes in the firewall….
Lizard skin makes a good product as well.
Good luck to you.

VillaTA

Reaction score
Def no holes in firewall. Only happens after about 20-30mins of driving

fasjac

Reaction score
Maybe try cycling from cold to hot.. door not closing all the way?? Seal worn. Just throwing out stuff.

Back