• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Spare tire hold down question

Jeff Ferrante

Reaction score
Silly question time. 71 Challenger convertible, Am I missing the spare tire hold down. also should there be a bracket or something near the tail lights for the jack to slide into?
20200619_220141.jpg
thumbnail_20200619_220216.jpg

Jeff Ferrante

Reaction score
I guess its safe to say my trunk pan was replaced during the restoration.

Jeff Ferrante

Reaction score
It would seem that way, I will have to figure something out, I dont like driving around without a spare

floyd

Reaction score
There is another piece tacked to the top of the D/S wheel housing that the jack post rests on. You may want to check to see if that’s missing (if they put in a new wheel housing).

I’m missing the jack mounts on one of my cars too. All those pieces are available in repro. I just need to get them welded. Shouldn’t be too hard to touch up the paint after welding. Let me know if you need help finding the repro pieces.

Jeff Ferrante

Reaction score
Wheel housing bracket is still there, When I sold my Green Go 72 Charger a few years ago I gave the guy three rattle cans of Green Go because "I was never going to need it" LOL

Jeff Ferrante

Reaction score
Not too worried about the jack, because I dont have one... and I Dont think I would use a bumper jack with the painted bumpers. Was planning on hiding a scissor jack under a spare tire cover

340challconvert

Reaction score
Jeff
It looks like you are missing the shock access holes at the front of the trunk floor pan? On a 71, the holes should be on the front of the humps facing into the trunk. It looks like they installed a trunk pan that needed to have the holes drilled.

Jeff Ferrante

Reaction score
Good eye, Looks like they went with the $250 pan instead of the $400 pan.

Back