• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Spark plug wires

booyaballer

Reaction score
My 70 Challenger has a 1993 crate engine - 360 w/ six pack. not sure if it makes a difference but it has MSD ignition. I broke a spark plug cable today and I have no idea how old the cables are so i'm going to replace all of them. I'm not really concerned about period correct just that they'll reach properly. There's a plethora of them out there so my actual question is: are they all built the same/work the same or should I look for something specific?

Thanks.

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
Firecore is about the best value , at least get a high quality spiral core wire set.

moparleo

Reaction score
If you buy a tailored set they will be cut for factory wire routing. If you have headers ( most likely) you probably want to get a universal set that you can cut and make custom for your engine. Just get a high quality crimping tool and you are set.

MoparCarGuy

Reaction score
MSD ignition requires helically wound core for RF/EMI suppression. Taylor, FireCore, and MSD all make great spark plug wire sets. I have used Taylor and MSD Super Conductor wires for decades and never had any problems.

Back