• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Speaker Crossover

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
Challenger acc wiring

accessory_wiring_1_web.jpg

accessory_wiring_2_web.jpg

1972_barracuda_accessory_2.jpg

Last edited:

Bill Wise

Reaction score
Thank you for the diagrams, but I wanted the internal diagram of the crossover. It seems that mine eats up the signal, if I bypass it and just use 2 speakers, the volume is better.

EW1BH27

Reaction score
I got ambitious and took my spare apart. First I scribbled out the circuit board then made the schematic. It's obvious that the light green is for the center speaker and black is ground but I don't want to guess which is input & output for left/right from the remaining 4.

PS(edit): My DVM zeroed out at .6 ohms. when I measured across the coils, while still in the circuit, I got 1.2 ohms. That's why I'm saying they're approximately .6 ohms each.

XoverBox3.JPG

XoverBox4.jpg

EW1BH27

Reaction score
Just noticed a wire color discrepancy with the manual's wiring diagrams. My crossover box has one light green wire and two dark green wires with one of them having a white tracer. Also mine has no violet wire. So could something have been wiped off or discolored on mine or could there be errors on the ones in the manual??? Also, I put a label on my spare crossover box which reads: "TESTED JUN 02/17 A.O.K.

XoverBox6.JPG

Bill Wise

Reaction score
I appreciate all the input, I will look at mine and im sure I can figure things out based on what you guys have provided. Mine has the purple and dark green wires coming from the Radio, which is the equivalent of the red and blue wires in the diagram.
Thanks again.

EW1BH27

Reaction score
I looked at more pictures of crossover boxes and can say with absolute certainty that the FSM color coding is wrong, especially Fig 15 page 8-156. The correct wire colors and locations are in this picture. I haven't dug into the harness yet, that's for another day.

XoverBox5.jpg

Back