• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Spotting a Race!

340challconvert

Reaction score
Reminded me of the good old days when we actually used to do this, although the spotters never looked this good!

Dino2 (1).gif

spotting a race .jpg

budascuda

Reaction score
Never!? Lol....
You must have been too much into racing cars!

340challconvert

Reaction score
We used to go down into this industrial area at night. There was a long, long wide road with factories and trucking companies all along the route.
The road was lit with street lamps and was relatively flat and straight.
At night. it was pretty isolated with no traffic.
Was a great place for those late night "contests".
Periodically the "gendarmes" would show up and spoil the fun!

Dino2 (1).gif

wedg2go

Reaction score
"Midnights" after cruisin'! 20 to 40 cars lined up along some desert stretch of road. Racing, money, trash talk and sheriff's deputies raiding the event. Good times!

Oh-oh-oh-oh and the spotter(s?)! I think it was the same little mousey gal? Hey! It was Midnights! Who would notice?

70Barracuda

Reaction score
Aound here in the early to mid 80's it was the Alcoa aluminum plant in Vancouver Wa. The roda was a long dead end with Vancouver lake near by so it was always cool. Cars lined up racing, cops showing up. What great memories. Too bad cameras didn't get more use.

burntorange70

Reaction score
I'm to young for all that. But like to listen to my Dad tell stories about street racing here in SoCal back in the 70's. Sounds a little dangerous and a lot of fun.

Back