• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

spring relocation kits

Cratos

Reaction score
Anyone have the us tool spring relocation kit? how far inboard will it move the springs? and will the exhaust clear it ( without the resonators) I need to put an A body rear in for tire clearance.

DrEamer

Reaction score
Are you going to mni-tub it, or just move the springs inward? I ask because if you are going to keep the original tubs, the US Car tools kit is overkill. Doctor Diff sells a kit that will do that for you, but it sounds like you are wanting something bigger.

gzig5

Reaction score
I assume you are planning on re-welding the spring perches onto the axle tubes? Most folks go with the B-body width and Dr Diff kit because the perches don't have to be touched and you can fit at least a 315 in the stock wheel housing. A-body is narrower still but the wheel offset can make up for most of that difference. But, if you want the narrowest rear without cutting, the A-body is it. Table with the different dimensions Mopar Rear Axle Dimensions

Cratos

Reaction score
I have keystone classic 15 x 10 wheels (for the deep dish look) and MT 295' I am thinking of using an A body rear end to move the tires in about 2 inches on both sides to get the tires inside the wheel wells. Just hoping someone has already gone this way to see if it will do what I want. I don't think I need To tub it.
IMG_0392.JPG

gzig5

Reaction score
I'm not familiar enough with the US Car tool kit to know but you should be able to use the Dr. Diff 1" kit and get plenty of room to the spring with that tire. I guess it depends on what your backspacing is on those wheels to determine which axle housing length to use. Time for some math. I do know that the USCT kit is more invasive/complicated as far as installation goes. Unless it is adjustable, their website says it moves the springs 4.5" on each side which is a lot more than you want to go.

6PKRTSE

Reaction score
I have mine relocated to the frame rails (3"). I narrowed a 1 ton Dana 60 truck housing. I can run 29.5X10.5W Slicks or 315/60/15 Drag Radials on 12" wide wheels.

20170126_211851.jpg

20190828_200726.jpg

100_1663 [640x480].jpg

Back