• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Sst t56 perfect fit kit

bullet18

Reaction score
I am looking into swapping a t56 into my 70 challenger. I was wondering if anyone has bought the sst perfect fit kit. Its gonna set me back like $8k so i wanna know what im getting into.

Adam

Reaction score
I had to look it up, but it looks like a good kit, very expensive though. It does not specify if driveshaft mods are needed (probably) so there’s another expense.. I think you can easily handle the tunnel mods the T56 needs.

I used a TKO 600, with hydraulic clutch, in my 71 Challenger and I love it, definitely worth the cost for me. It makes long trips completely feasible.

rbbruno3

Reaction score
I like Adam went TKO 600 with hydraulic clutch.(and love it as well. was more like 5K when I bought it)) 8K is a lot to spend on a tranny. With your budget I would have to ask myself what are my plans and expectations. Could I get by with a 4 speed. Do I plan on a lot of highway driving

tonysrt

Reaction score
I have the 5 speed Tremec behind a Gen 2 Hemi with 21/2 exhaust and I can't wait to get into 5th to quiet everything down and not to mention the drop in RPM.

fasjac

Reaction score
TKO 600 for mine as well in 2009. Very nice set up and fit perfectly. I didn’t do the hydraulics.
Fun times on the freeway.

Back