• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Standard Dash Clock Wiring

SFEbody

Reaction score
Put a standard dash clock in my dash and wondering if anyone knows how to hook it up, It appears there is one black wire and I assume it connects to the amp gauge negative? Then how does it get power and how is it adjusted once hooked up? Any help is much appreciated.

Brian

68bee

Reaction score
Put a standard dash clock in my dash and wondering if anyone knows how to hook it up, It appears there is one black wire and I assume it connects to the amp gauge negative? Then how does it get power and how is it adjusted once hooked up? Any help is much appreciated.

Brian

Just the one wire it is grounded through the dash. Here is a picture. You adjust it by pulling down the knob and turning either left or right for forward or back.

AAR cuda clock.jpg

SFEbody

Reaction score
Thanks. I see that what is the (1) wire connected to? and how do you set the time on this type of clock?

rklein71

Reaction score
The redneck way would be to disconnect the battery and wait for the exact time the clock indicates and hook the battery up. :lol:

sixpactogo

Reaction score

Brian
There is no negative wire on the amp gauge. They are both positive. The clock shown in the picture is missing the stem and knob for adjusting the clock. It goes down through the hole in the plastic housing.

moparlee

Reaction score
The FSM shows the clock wire connecting to the ammeter terminal with the black wire. The ammeter has two terminals, one with a red wire and one with a black wire.

SFEbody

Reaction score
Thanks guys........ dash is out now and was trying to get the clear bezel off to clean and dropped it and cracked..............Feel like a klutz now. Anyway off to the find a new one that I can afford.

Aussie let me know if you have a stem and knob for it sir!

Brian

SFEbody

Reaction score
Cool. Can you tell me the quality as I am restoring my car now. Does not need to be show just want a nice clean one. Also need the push button clips that hold it in.

Brian Milner
22986 Mulberry Glen Dr
ValenciaCa. 91354

Back