• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Steering Column

booyaballer

Reaction score
All,

I've watched cuda cody's tutorial steering column videos and they're great. He makes it look so easy. I have a 70 challenger that used to be a column shift that was converted to a floor shift but still has column shift indicator. now, i have made my car a 5 speed manual. other than changing to crush can to replace the indicator, would i need to change anything else?

also, my car is not original but i would like to rebuild my column. any idea what the cost would be? i would hate to spend as much rebuilding it versus buying an upgraded one with tilt steering. thanks for your opinion

Iguana

Reaction score
All,

I've watched cuda cody's tutorial steering column videos and they're great. He makes it look so easy. I have a 70 challenger that used to be a column shift that was converted to a floor shift but still has column shift indicator. now, i have made my car a 5 speed manual. other than changing to crush can to replace the indicator, would i need to change anything else?

also, my car is not original but i would like to rebuild my column. any idea what the cost would be? i would hate to spend as much rebuilding it versus buying an upgraded one with tilt steering. thanks for your opinion
When I did mine, I used one of these. MP14053 - 1970 Mopar Steering Column Collar Shifter Eliminator - Non Tilt/Telescopic

Back