• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Steering gear box, flow return

jsandy

Reaction score
Does the flow return/hose barb attachment to the steering gear box have a steel ball check valve that seats under the spring? This is a firm fell rebuild, and i was wondering, because from the picture, it looks a little odd.

8A9AF89F-F1FF-4814-8E81-76C43495B6BC.jpeg

jsandy

Reaction score
I pulled it apart to see why the spring looks cockeyed. The flat surface that bolts o the pump is at an angle, and that is why the spring looks sideways. Small spring sits in the bottom, then a plunger/valve body, and then a long spring, and finally the cap bolt.
that is why i was wondering if there is supposed to be a small ball bearing sitting in the bottom.

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
This off a steering box from a 79 St Regis police car. check your box to see what year it is.may have plastic check valve,ball or nothing depending on application. I don't know all applications have to look up. An elder man when I was20'ish rebuilt mine and showed me what to look for and rebuilt a box. Crap now I'm that guy! Thanks for nudging me to get this rebuilt.

Attachments

• 20220904_101954.jpg
    20220904_101954.jpg
    385.7 KB · Views: 91
Back