• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Steering wheel diameter?

gzig5

Reaction score
Is 13" too small for a steering wheel? I think the stock one is 15"? I found a Grant that I like the look of but 13" seemed like it might be on the small side. I've got power steering and will be getting a Stage 3 FirmFeel rebuild on the box and I will be doing some Auto-X and road course events.

71droptop

Reaction score
Had a small diameter wheel on my Challenger.
Didn't like it because it blocked the view of my gauges.
Agree - look at other cars..

BcudaChris

Reaction score
I run a 13" and it does block the gauges. If you can deal with that, you'll appreciate the smaller wheel for autox work.

gzig5

Reaction score
Hmmmmm... A friend of mine runs spec Miata's and he concurred that the smaller wheel might be better for the track. But, the car will be on the street 95% of the time and blocked gauges would be tiresome. I think I'll mock it up with cardboard cutouts in 13 and 14 inch diameters. I was considering running a quick release on the wheel to assist getting my big butt in and out, and that may afford the opportunity to run two different wheels depending on circumstances.

Drivun

Reaction score
I’m happy with a 14 inch wheel and the firm feel 3 set up. But I have a custom dash with speed hut tach on far right where clock would be on a rally dash. My speedo is on the left and 0-80 is in view above the steering wheel.

I spent a lot of time mocking up my view with gage cutouts while sitting in my Recaro seat and looking thru the wheel. My clock and gas gage are blocked, although I have an idiot lite for the fuel gage.

My 66 vette is really tight and I’ve enjoyed using a D shape, flat bottom wheel to deal with thigh clearance.

Back