• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

WTB Stereo plate question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juan Veldez

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Contact seller
Looking for the stereo plate that does not have the plastic piece that bisects the rectangular opening. This plate came off an old radio and the only thing that stops it from fitting on the new radio is that piece. Worst case, I use a hot wire and remove it, but that would suck if someone REALLY wants this one. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Stereo plate.jpg

EW1BH27

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That looks like the faceplate of an ebody AM radio. I once cut that centre bar off to fit a '72 - '74 AM/FM. Also had to do some minor finessing so it would sit flat on the stereo.

rrbbkk

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I took mine off and stored it. A regular size AM/FM/CD after-market unit fits the opening perfectly and can be solidly installed with a single back-strap. It's all in your priorities, however. Some folks want originality. Some folks want a 300+ watt, seven channel, digital streaming system with a Barracuda or Challenger built around it.

Juan Veldez

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
That looks like the faceplate of an ebody AM radio. I once cut that centre bar off to fit a '72 - '74 AM/FM. Also had to do some minor finessing so it would sit flat on the stereo.
Here is a photo of new vs. old. The old unit is AM only and says Chrysler Solid State on it. The new unit from Custom Autosound and is made to look like old school but has Bluetooth, etc. I would prefer an original plate, but it is not necessary. If anyone needs this old radio and plate, I'd gladly give it up. I will look for new plate so I don't cut the original one. I'll be at the event down in Van Nuys and look for a replacement. Thanks rrbbkk, EW1BH27, and moparleo. Cheers.Stereos.jpg

EW1BH27

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good luck finding the faceplate you want. I paid dearly for one like yours (and was lucky one came for sale) and cut it because the AM/FM I had was missing it. With shipping to Canada IIRC it cost me around $90.00.

EW1BH27

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe this is what he's looking for.

Attachments

• After.JPG
    After.JPG
    21.8 KB · Views: 68

brotow

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is usually part of the radio, good luck locating one, maybe someone has a non op or parts radio for sale..........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back