• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Superbird clone

Cudachuck

Reaction score
If i wanted to make a superbird clone, would i have to start with a 70 roadrunner or is there other years and models i could start with? Thanks

70chall440

Reaction score
Yes you can use a 70 Satellite, sport satellite, road runner or GTX (originals were made using road runners). Then you need 70 Coronet fenders (depending on whose kit you intend to use).

Cudachuck

Reaction score
Not if you are trying to an actual clone, people have tried (some successfully) to make other versions like a 69 B body and even a 71 but they its a lot more work and no one makes a kit for those. i know i can take a 68-70 charger and make a daytona

Not if you are trying to an actual clone, people have tried (some successfully) to make other versions like a 69 B body and even a 71 but they its a lot more work and no one makes a kit for those.
I know you.can take a 68-70 charger and make a daytona by changing extra body panel.. Is it the same for say the 68-70 roadrunner?

Just trying to figure out what years and models i could possibly use cause ita 1 of my dream cars.thanks

DetMatt1

Reaction score
I know you.can take a 68-70 charger and make a daytona by changing extra body panel.. Is it the same for say the 68-70 roadrunner?

Just trying to figure out what years and models i could possibly use cause ita 1 of my dream cars.thanks
Actually if you can find all reproduced or good used ‘70 Plymouth sheet metal for the rear and Dodge Coronet for the front you could apply all that to any ‘68-70 B body(except Charger) to clone your Bird. The doors and the roof are essentially the same for all 3 years as is the unibody.

Last edited:

Cudachuck

Reaction score
Actually if you can find all reproduced or good used ‘70 Plymouth sheet metal for the rear and Dodge Coronet for the front you could apply all that to any ‘68-70 B body(except Charger) to clone your Bird. The doors and the roof are essentially the same for all 3 years as is the unibod.
Kind of like cloning a 70 cuda out of a 72-74 cuda?

70chall440

Reaction score
Kind of like cloning a 70 cuda out of a 72-74 cuda?
Been done 1000 times, personally I prefer the 72-74 tail lights but what I do dislike about the 72-74 are the side marker lights and front turn signals so when I did my Cuda I fix both. I frenched in the side marker lights and got headlights with turn signals inside them.

IMG_0015.jpg

oldkimmer

Reaction score
The guys on FBBO are pretty sharp. Some of them are on here. Kim

MoparCarGuy

Reaction score
Actually if you can find all reproduced or good used ‘70 Plymouth sheet metal for the rear and Dodge Coronet for the front you could apply all that to any ‘68-70 B body(except Charger) to clone your Bird. The doors and the roof are essentially the same for all 3 years as is the unibody.
While possible, this would be incredibly difficult to do compared to finding a 1970 Satellite/Road Runner/GTX and cloning it into a 1970 SuperBird.
The simplest way to own a cloned SuperBird is to buy a cloned SuperBird project to finish yourself or a completed car from someone who has done it. They are out there. 1970 PLYMOUTH SUPERBIRD CLONE
1626554114071.png

heminut

Reaction score
Been done 1000 times, personally I prefer the 72-74 tail lights but what I do dislike about the 72-74 are the side marker lights and front turn signals so when I did my Cuda I fix both. I frenched in the side marker lights and got headlights with turn signals inside them.

View attachment 84229
I love those frenched side marker lights, it makes a HUGE difference! That should have been done from the factory!

70chall440

Reaction score
I love those frenched side marker lights, it makes a HUGE difference! That should have been done from the factory!
Thanks and I completely agree. Having had some of these cars when they were relatively new, those marker lights were always getting broken and I hated that they stick out.

Back