• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

The best and cheapest way to ship large parts?

Tirekickertoo

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I would like the opinion of the group on what is the best and cheapest way to ship large parts? I'm looking at new frame rails being sold from a private individual. The distance is roughly 1800 miles. I can also have them shipped to my place of employment. This being a business, I've heard this could be cheaper? I've also heard Fastenal will ship large parts. Any truth to any of this? What's my best option?

Thanks for your help,

Tirekickertoo

John Rimel

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I would like the opinion of the group on what is the best and cheapest way to ship large parts? I'm looking at new frame rails being sold from a private individual. The distance is roughly 1800 miles. I can also have them shipped to my place of employment. This being a business, I've heard this could be cheaper? I've also heard Fastenal will ship large parts. Any truth to any of this? What's my best option?

Thanks for your help,

Tirekickertoo

Greyhound

hellrats

Reaction score
UPS freight or Fastenal would probably be your best bet

Tirekickertoo

Reaction score
Thank you everyone for the interest and reply's. I ended up using U.P.S. The item size fell into the criteria of fitting onto one of their local delivery sized brown van's. The shipping cost (over 900 miles) was $119.00 cheaper than Fastenal!

Tirekickertoo

Back