• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

The (old) New Guy

Edward Hackett

Reaction score
I guess it took me long enough to get my rear In gear, but here I am.
Thanks for letting me join!
I bought a Yellow AAR 'Cuda back in 1981 for $1,800 turn-key, and it was my daily driver until 1984, when I parked it to restore it.
Anyone attempting this back then, knows what a hassle it was finding parts!
It's now 2020 and it's still a body shell on jacks... oh well, I'll keep at it even if I use a Walker to finish it.

440rush

Reaction score
Welcome to the site. You were smart to keep your Cuda all these years. I hope you can get it back on the road someday soon. Good Luck !

Edward Hackett

Reaction score
The easy, cheap part is done; it's a bare body shell.
Trunk rot, floorboards, quarters, cowl panel...sheesh!
All #s matching.
I ported the lumps out of the intake ports years ago, and polished the chambers and exhaust.
The rocker shafts are toast, as it had 99,889 miles on the odo when I parked it.
Thanks for the support.

Edward Hackett

Reaction score
Thanks for the support.
The easy part,(disassembly) is done.
Now for the $ part.

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
Welcome ... far easier to restore them now with so many parts available just time & $$ to get it back on the road !!

moparlee

Reaction score
Welcome to the site Edward from Michigan. Show us that AAR when you get a chance. You have our support and we all know that these projects just don't happen overnight.

Reaction score
Welcome, great car. Glad you kept it all these years. What are the options on it?

Did you find broadcast sheet(s) in the car? Any sheets that go to other cars in there? Remove the plastic seat backs to find more sheets.

Last edited:

WDO72

Reaction score
Welcome from California! AAR 'cudas are my favorite. Looking forward to some photos.

Last edited:

Edward Hackett

Reaction score
Welcome, great car. Glad you kept it all these years. What are the options on it?

Did you find broadcast sheet(s) in the car? Any sheets that go to other cars in there? Remove the plastic seat backs to find more sheets.

Edward Hackett

Reaction score
The Broadcast sheet was behind the rear seat in the springs, and magically disappeared back in the '80s. I mean, back then, who knew to safeguard it?

Back