• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

The writing is on the wall

Ray

Reaction score
The NFL has granted a 3rd extension to the Packers, Colts, and Bengals.
To sell their remaining playoff tickets to avoid a local blackout.

Ray

Reaction score
True that why the NFL is in trouble. Most people have come to realize it is much cheaper and comfortable to watch from home. I am sure local tv will buy up the remaining tickets. all that being said I know where I will be Saturday night.

Go Eagles!

ramenth

Reaction score
True that why the NFL is in trouble. Most people have come to realize it is much cheaper and comfortable to watch from home. I am sure local tv will buy up the remaining tickets. all that being said I know where I will be Saturday night.

Go Eagles!

It's kinda like me going to WGI to watch NASCAR. Been to one race there in my lifetime. A truck race almost 20 years ago. Had paddock seats given to me. Never again. If I want to watch a road course race, I can see more action at home rather than sitting in the stands.

I'm sure the weather is a playing a role in those cities not selling out. Which will make the Super Bowl in Jersey an interesting experiment. I remember when the Super Bowl was played in MN. (The Redskins and Bills.) The media throw an absolute fit that the Super Bowl was in a cold weather city.

Ray

Reaction score
Weather could be a factor, but then the eagles saints are sold out and it's not going to be warm here. 8 inches of snow last night. Forecast for game time is predicated to be in the teens.

Playoff games don't come along that often for some fans, so you have to enjoy them when you can. I generally watch from home, but an eagles playoff game is a must see live event.

Ray

Reaction score
Sorry posted twice.

Last edited:

ramenth

Reaction score
Some cities are more diehard than others.

A home playoff game in any cold weather stadium is a must see. A cold weather team has a distinct advantage at home and pulling a team like the Saints, fair weather and a dome, is what teams like the Eagles, the Packers, the Broncos, and the Patriots play for. It's the way football should be played.

It's been a while since my team made the playoffs, but I can remember Bruce Smith walking around in subzero temps in just a t-shirt while Dolphin players, wearing parkas, huddling on the bench in front of giant torpedo heaters, looked in a mixture of awe and "this guy is crazy."

burntorange70

Reaction score
Not rely a big sports fan myself but I do like me some Supercross. There holding a race not far from me but you see way more in the comfort of your home on tv. We have nice weather around here but I don't want to deal with the traffic and crowds.

ramenth

Reaction score
Russ, you sound like me.

I live 4 miles away from WGI. One weekend in August our little village of Watkins Glen goes from being a town of 2000 people to being the fifth largest city in the state. Chaos in the name of the game from about Wednesday before to the Sunday afternoon afterwords. I celebrate when the trucks all roll past the house heading out of town. Then things can settle down and get back to normal.

I don't like crowds. Maybe that's one of the reasons I'm adapting well to the new job. Factories and I normally don't get along. The Houston line of production is small enough that I've gotten to know the names of about 75% of all my co-workers.

74 challenger

Reaction score
another problem is the drunks spilling there beer on you or cursing you kid for rooting for the other team.

Ray

Reaction score
Things have changed a lot in regards to opposing fan abuse in Philly.
Local police dress in visitor team garb and arrest or eject anyone who crosses the line. At the last bears game I believe they arrested close to thirty and ejected around seventy.

I am SOOO tried of hearing about how bad Philly fans are. There no different then any place else.

Bill

Reaction score
Too friggin cold!!! -15 at my house this morning. The company I work for likes for me to take customers to NHIS in Louden, NH every year as we are a big sponser of the race. I really don't like doing it. Like the saying goes, "been there, done that, got the tee shirt". We are a big sponser of the Boston Red Sox too. I have access to some of the best seats in Fenway to take customers to. Again, been there, done that, got the tee shirt. It's all pretty cool stuff but I would get much more satisfaction giving that $300 seat to a little kid in the nose bleed section.

ramenth

Reaction score
Things have changed a lot in regards to opposing fan abuse in Philly.
Local police dress in visitor team garb and arrest or eject anyone who crosses the line. At the last bears game I believe they arrested close to thirty and ejected around seventy.

I am SOOO tried of hearing about how bad Philly fans are. There no different then any place else.

And in the meantime, in Buffalo...

Apparently the fans there are getting worse. One of my co-workers was talking about going to the Dolphins game and laughing his ass off when a younger Bills fan tackled an older gentleman wearing Dolphins gear.

As I listened to him regale us with the story I had to interrupt him. "So, you think it's cool that a kid in his twenties decided to full body tackle a man in his 60's... you're a dick. The kid's a dick for doing it, but you're just as much a dick for letting it happen and laughing about it." Boy, did that turn the co-worker's story around as everyone who stood there listening decided the same thing.

I call this co-worker "Rumor Mill." Want some kind of bull spread around the shop, he'll do it, and it'll be around the shop in less than five minutes. Anything he says has to be taken with a grain of salt. But if he was telling the story to make himself sound like some kind of big man... it blew up in his face.

Racer57

Reaction score
Look at it this way...... Team does not black out. Locals stop going. Team loses money. Team sells out and moves. Now you don't have to worry about blackouts.

Ray

Reaction score
Blackouts hurt the networks that broadcast the games. Hard to sell advertising when games are not shown locally.

Back