• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Three Hood Bumpers above the Cowl at the Rear of the Hood

MoparCarGuy

Reaction score
I wanted to post this info to assist anyone who might be missing the three rubber bumpers at the rear of their hood for a 1970 Barracuda/Cuda. I discovered I was missing these bumpers after attending the Mecum Auction at Kissimmee. These are a small detail but serve their purpose well.
I purchased them from Dale's Cuda Shop. The website Item No. is 23x122x3 and includes one tall and two short bumpers. They item says for Challenger but it is also for the Cuda.

The installation looks simple but did not go so easy. The passenger side bumper slipped right into the hole with no problem. I used a little dishsoap on it. Same for the driver side. The center bumper was a bit more challenging. I guess the hole was reduced in size due to paint. I ended up trimming the bumper ever so slightly with some side cutters (diagonals) and it popped right in. I hope this helps anyone who may be missing these bumpers.

Here are some pics. Note: the reflection of the bumper in the paint makes them look taller (doubles the size). Just an illusion.

Cuda Challenger Rear Hood Bumpers Left Center Right.jpg
Rubber Bumpers - Rear of Hood x 3.jpg
Cuda Rear Hood Bumpers Left Center Right 3x - Circled.jpg

Hood Rear Bumper Right.jpg
Hood Rear Bumper Center.jpg
Hood Rear Bumper Left.jpg

Last edited:

moparlee

Reaction score
Not only that but with the hood installed, that middle one is little tough to get to.

Back