• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Tilt Steering Wheels?

62BT409

Reaction score
Does anyone know when the tilt steering wheel option was available in the E-body? And when it did, no doubt it had an option number. Would anyone know that code number?

Last edited:

62BT409

Reaction score
OK, tracked something down but I feel I need more on an explantion, as in which body style.

S-61 *** 69-71 *** Tilt/Telescopic Steering Wheel

S-62 *** 69-71 *** Tilt Steering Wheel

Last edited:

62BT409

Reaction score
No idea what you mean. What exactly are you looking for ?

In the Decoding list from another site, you can look at all of the options that was available in 1969, 1970 & 1971. I wanted to know if a tilt was available, thus the reason for the search. And if there was a part, would there be one out there to be purchased. That's all... So I searched all day and came up with the numbers I posted. So further research will be necessary to see with group this was available in. I hope this clears it up.

moparleo

Reaction score
Now I understand your confusion. This option list is for all make and model lines from Chrysler Corp. all lumped together. It does not mean that it was available for a Challenger or Barracuda. Sorry to pop your bubble. No tilt wheels.

62BT409

Reaction score
Now I understand your confusion. This option list is for all make and model lines from Chrysler Corp. all lumped together. It does not mean that it was available for a Challenger or Barracuda. Sorry to pop your bubble. No tilt wheels.

OH I know it's for all Chrysler products....know to find which Chrysler products. To define in a deeper search will answer my question along with all others who are wondering ;o)

62BT409

Reaction score
Correct and an option sheet would be great.
PS, went big miles yesterday to look at an E-body. It ended up just not (what I call) J** B**** friendly. There were some issues.

62BT409

Reaction score
I know that and realize that. But have used to decode a few fender tags.

62BT409

Reaction score
Also on the same page as the VIN decoder is a PC Fender Tag Decoder this is a really nice program

74 challenger

Reaction score
surprised that wasnt an option then again if you had the money they would try to make one work at the dealers.LOL

challenger6pak

Reaction score
Most, if not all, tilt, telescopic wheels were in the C-body full size cars. The Imperials had them also and at times had another body code. I forget it at this time. I don't know of a B-body tilt wheel before 1975. The E-body never had one. Trucks and vans had them. I don't know when they started in A-bodies or if they were even available in an A-body. The F-bodies may have had them also. Someone will know. I don't know if I have ever seen an older Mopar tilt column that was not also column shift.

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
the tilt columns were actually made by Saginaw [GM] , they probably didn't want to buy a lot of them from them

Back