• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Transmission cooler lines routing

Tirekickertoo

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
Have a simple question to ask. On my 1970 Challenger, I recently removed both automatic 727 transmission cooler lines from the transmission to the radiator. The previous owner had a homemade set installed that needed to be changed. I bought a nice pre-bent set from In-line Tube. My question is, do the lines go above the steering draglink towards the engine or under the steering draglink towards the ground?

Thanks for your help,

Tirekickertoo

Reaction score
The lines go above the link, there is a clamp that goes on the lower starter mounting stud to hold both of them secure as they go along the side of the oil pan

Tirekickertoo

Reaction score
The lines go above the link, there is a clamp that goes on the lower starter mounting stud to hold both of them secure as they go along the side of the oil pan

Thanks 704406 for the information. I'm missing the mounting clamp you mentioned. Any idea on a parts vendor who sells them?

Thank you,

Tirekickertoo

douglas17

Reaction score
704406 came across your post today, saw there was not much response to your question. Go to www.yearone.com, go to make of car, year ect .in the transmission section,( in the catalogue there on page 405 ). cooler line brackets and clips. Part number A0343 small block . SR190 for big block. They are located in Convers GA. just north of Atlanta

Tirekickertoo

Reaction score
704406 came across your post today, saw there was not much response to your question. Go to www.yearone.com, go to make of car, year ect .in the transmission section,( in the catalogue there on page 405 ). cooler line brackets and clips. Part number A0343 small block . SR190 for big block. They are located in Convers GA. just north of Atlanta

Hi douglas17,
Thank you for the reply and information regarding the transmission cooling lines mounting clamp. As you are aware I asked the question to the group a while back with not much response. I ended up finding this part online at MEGA Parts (www.megaparts.com). I appreciate the information you posted about a part number and vendor. I'm sure this will help someone out asking the same question in the future.

Regards,

Tirekickertoo

Back