• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Trim rings...what are you using? 15X7 + 8 rims

MarksMopar1

Reaction score
What have you found in trim rings that look like Mopar rings and suit the purpose? 15X3 is great but what style is OEM looking...close to it? I see plenty of GM rings, I need polished for a 70 R/T Challenger..... thought I would ask the masses :)

Cudafor36

Reaction score
I bought mine from Year one nearly 15yrs ago but try Classic Industries (they have a Labor Day sale save 35%) Just that dang center piece took a dump. New ones on order already from CI last night.

IMG_6864.JPG

MarksMopar1

Reaction score
Hi, are those 15X7 or 8 rims? Ring fits well. Yes I have check Classic Industries. What I am looking for is some feedback on what is a good ring to use and how close they look to stock. I dont want to order a ring that will fit but looks like a Corvette GM ring which most seem to be. The rings you have look good.

Cudafor36

Reaction score
They are 15x7's. 15yrs ago I bought the rims, rings from Year One. Been great ever since, other than the center issue with the Wilwoods and they showed the age so I ordered new ones for all four.

Stick with stock offerings from YO or CI and you shouldn't have an issue. The ring size depends upon the tire diameter not the width btw. Back when I got mine I did not know of other sources that's why I went with a classic car supplier like year one. Now there are many other firms who sell out reproduction stuff. Probably all made by the same mfg just diff prices due to volumes etc. Year one was more expensive on the centers than CI and they are the same.

MarksMopar1

Reaction score
Hi, yes correct on the ring size and rim/tire 15" But I was looking at the 7" and 8" width because only 3" deep rings are available (small are but not what we want). 15X3" rings fit well in a 7" rim...8"rim will have a gap using a 3" deep ring. Unfortunately that is all that is available 3". I thought I would ask the size of rims ETC you run...looking for a visual and what fits ETC. They look good on you wheels. Thanks!

MarksMopar1

Reaction score
I appreciate that,,I think I have what I wanted....you have the 15X7's and the rings fit well....Classic Industries..I will check again with them. I was looking to see if anyone ordered anything specific from a source, I dont want to order even from Classic and get a set of something that looks Chevy or wrong, although may fit.

Cudafor36

Reaction score
The wonderful thing about ordering from the big outfits is that if your not happy fire em back, get your money back and move on. Lol

Back