• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Trunk Floor Paint

money pit

Reaction score
I had my trunk floor replaced. It is currently primed and the cause of the water leaks has been repaired. Is it better to paint the floor the same color as the car or use a textured paint like they use for truck beds? Thanks

Adam

Reaction score
Body color was factory correct. Otherwise it looks like you are trying to cover up some problems. Also, to save money you can spray the trunk with a single stage paint instead of base & clear.
81154FC3-CE3B-4A11-BA8D-C9573068D8A3.jpeg

money pit

Reaction score
Body color was factory correct. Otherwise it looks like you are trying to cover up some problems. Also, to save money you can spray the trunk with a single stage paint instead of base & clear.View attachment 61025
I have pictures of before and after of the floor. But I agree. If I ever sell the car, there will probably be questions.

Reaction score
WHY on earth is it so tempting to use truck bed paint on a car? That stuff sucks.

Use real automotive paint with a hardener. Don’t by cheap acrylic enamel, get good urethane that will last. This includes the primer, no rattle cans!

Yes it is expensive, so is your car.

money pit

Reaction score
Thanks. I'll have them paint the trunk when I get the car painted.

Back