• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

TTI Exhaust... my experience

Joemoy29

Reaction score
so I purchased a cuda that was build in the early 2000’s it was torn down and body work was fixed. It came with a real nice 3” tti exhause that was welded. Only problem is the car had headers and I want to run HP manifolds.

So I called tti and they told me they could make me some head pipes that went from 2.5 to 3”. So I got them ordered and delivered. I was not sure what to expect dealing with a almost 20 year old exhaust and new pipes. It went together perfectly not one issue.

I am not sure if this is common but I just wanted to take a min to say how impressed I was with the fit and finish of new and old stuff from them.

BcudaChris

Reaction score
I got a sweet deal on some 1 3/4 super comps, and was hesitant about going with a TTI system, as I wasn't sure it would be a good fit with someone else's headers. I was wrong, their adapters worked perfectly. I have never had such an easy install.

rogue

Reaction score
I put tti headers and 3 inch system on my cuda and tti 2.5 inch system with hedmans on my challenger. Took some wiggling and shifting but got both installed and they fit nicely. The tti headers are the ones that don't loop under the steering center link and i like them much better than the ones that do. I had trouble fitting the trans cooler lines around them and ended up fabricating new ones to fit and had to wrap the starer in heat shielding but i'm happy with them.

A side note about the hedman's on the challenger... i installed a borgeson quick ration power steering box and the stud for the pitman arms hit the top of the header tube... had to beat a dent in the header tube for it to clear. That obviously wouldn't be an issue with the tti's.

Finally... i has a set of pypes 2.5 inch exhaust tips but oddly they did not fit on the tti 2.5 inch tail pipes... tti tips fit perfectly of course. At least i was able to sell the pypes tips... you'd think 2.5 inch means 2.5 inch but i guess some people measure things differently

BcudaChris

Reaction score
Not to go too far off here, but I like rogue's info on the Headmans. With the Hooker 5115's, no interference with the fast ratio pitman, however the matching idler would not clear. I went the AAR-T/A route with the shorter idler.

Other than that, even with the bigger tubes, they fit like a glove, I can drop the oil pan, easy access to the (mini) starter, and I think a stock starter would fit and R&R without unbolting the header.

On the exhaust system, I did have to buy a section of brake line and do some funky bending/routing to get enough clearance from the 2.5" over the axle section for my comfort.

Mopar Nut

Reaction score
TTi are the best for mopars, I had them custom bend me a complete stainless steel exhaust system for my 69 Charger, fit better than a glove.

i_taz

Reaction score
Is your decision to put the manifolds on strictly aesthetics...???

Joemoy29

Reaction score
I got a aar 6 pack setup with hp manifolds and figured it would be nice to use it lol. I know I am leaving a bunch of hp in tapped

rolling_thunder

Reaction score
Gen-III headers didn't fit, without work.

Yeah... their Gen III Headers are garbage. I called them out 9 years ago at the Spring Fling - they used the 5.7 headers and changed the flange for the 6.1... The headers hit the factory A/C compressor, Torsion Bar, and TTIs own motor mount plates... was not impressed by them (nor their response to my concern) If I wanted to ding tubes and all that I would buy some $200 headers - not $900 ones.

Needless to say they don't get any further business from me on any of my cars. Then again I have a long list of companies that I don't deal with anymore...

Adam

Reaction score
I have had TTI exhaust on two cars, both fit great and were problem free.

Back