• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

turn signals interior lights not working?

sheetmetaldan

Reaction score
I am having trouble figuring out whats wrong. My turn signals and interior lights stopped working. Everything worked fine untill I took apart my dash to get to the voltage limiter for the gauges still waiting for that part to arrive.I checked each flasher by inserting a test light on the fuse for the hazzards this makes them work so I think they are ok. I have power to the dimmer switch when I turn on the headlights.
Also coming home the other night I went to put on the hi-beams and my headlights went out I pushed the hi beam switch a few times and got them back not sure if this is related to my other problem. I checked the hi-beam switch it looks ok and works everytime I try it now. I am out of ideas I suspect maybe a ground problem but I can`t find one.
Last thing I noticed when I put the 12 volt test light on one side of the fuse for the hazards it lights up but when putting the test light on the other side of fuse it wont light up is that normal? I would think power would run across the fuse and there would be power at either side.
Thanks for any suggestions this has got me really stumped!

73fish

Reaction score
I would start by removing fuse & cleaning terminals & put in a new fuse...might also check & clean firewall terminals.

ram250098

Reaction score
I just got my E body so I may be out to lunch here, but my B body needed to cluster to be grounded. When you took your dash out maybe a screw or something is not sitting right and making a good ground.
Al

sheetmetaldan

Reaction score
I just got my E body so I may be out to lunch here, but my B body needed to cluster to be grounded. When you took your dash out maybe a screw or something is not sitting right and making a good ground.
Al
I did end up getting everything working again had a couple terminals corroded on fuse block and a faulty headlight switch. I may have also cooked the dimmer switch too jury`s still out on that one.

There is a screw in the lower left of switch cluster that has to be in place to ground the cluster assembly. I ran an extra ground wire to the swich assembly just to be sure it`s getting a good ground.

Back