• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Uh- oh how much???

MOPARMITCH

Reaction score
Been over at FBBO for a couple of years now. Just finished a complete rotisserie restoration on a numbers matching 68 Road Runner. Was looking for next project when an old friend called me about his 70 Cuda.This may be in my future. 70 'CUDA' 383 4spd car. from original owner. Numbers matching car also. No P/S no P/B . Blue on Blue. Real BS car. Knew about this car 10yrs ago but not for sale then. Now apparently the economy dictates sale. Car is mostly disassembled , but all there except exhaust manifolds and bell housing. I aint sure what its worth. PLEASE HELP with some ideas. Has been inside for 20 yrs. Has new quarters and absolutely O rust anywhere!! anywhere. Looked at it today and verified its in the same condition. Not sure if I wanted to get this deep on a new project this soon but HEY!! HELP!!!

IMG_0011(1).jpg

IMG_0014.jpg

IMG_0015.jpg

IMG_0016.jpg

IMG_0013.jpg

IMG_0017.jpg

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Welcome to FEBO from the Motor City! I would love to see you do a Cuda, your RR is amazing!
Value on that Cuda is a tuff call but I'll play, I'd say between 12 and 15K.

MOPARMITCH

Reaction score
Welcome to FEBO from the Motor City! I would love to see you do a Cuda, your RR is amazing!
Value on that Cuda is a tuff call but I'll play, I'd say between 12 and 15K.

Thanks Matt. Saw the car again on Sunday. He says he wants 16k for it. I don't know. I'm having a hard time justifying that in my own mind. I was thinking no more than 9K. I'm sure that this is not a car for just anybody. He's going to have to find the right buyer. The right buyer is going to have to be someone who has done a complete resto on one of these , or another Mopar. i.e. me. The average person doesn't know what its worth finished.He says the entire car is there, including a perfect grille and the fish scales? for the rocker?. I'm inclined to have him gather the car all together in one pile and do a comprehensive inventory before I offer him a dime. Also, this is not a computer savvy guy. He's not been around on the internet. Depends upon others for his info. I think that's a plus. I'm going to drive the 68 Road Runner over there when the weather clears up , to show him what I'm capable of, and make him an offer.Then let it simmer for a while. On the other hand, I really had no intentions of spending this kind of money on my next project. In fact ..... if I'm going to spend a lot of $$, I also know where an original 64 Belvedere 426 wedge 4spd is nearby in a barn!!!!. Why not do the same with him. Show him what I can do and make an offer on that Car. That one , I would pay 16k for!!! Decisions.... Decisions

DSCN8748.jpg

Sledgehammer

Reaction score
IMO, 16K is nuts. No way you, him or anyone else could get that thing back together and NOT be way behind the curve financially. ...

and to add, no one ever has " all the parts" . I take stuff apart in my garage and loose things before I get it back together. Imagine what has "disappeared" on that project.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
#s matching big block 4spd Cuda in a great color combo that's solid and stated to be complete will have a healthy price tag in any condition. Is the fender tag and build sheet with it?

MOPARMITCH

Reaction score
Yeah Matt. Original Title, fender tag , build sheet. He even has the paper dealer tag from 1970. He admits that it is missing the exhaust manifolds and bell housing. But if thats all, thats pretty good. Like I said, I think I'm going to ask him to inventory everything.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
What is that avatar all about you stud!
Wait, let me guess, your daughter and a couple of her friends? Or better yet, your wife, a daughter and one of her friends...or even better yet, your wife and 2 of her girlfriends who all want to...oh never mind!

challenger6pak

Reaction score
I would say $16,000 is fair since it has documentation and the original drive train. Try to find a better numbers matching '70 with the documentation for less. It will be hard to do. The parts may very well be there as easily as not. I take these cars apart every day for a living and I don't lose parts. I have owners bring cars to me apart and the parts are all there. It depends on who takes it apart and how original it was when it was taken apart. This car appears to be a very good car to restore.

MOPARMITCH

Reaction score
What is that avatar all about you stud!
Wait, let me guess, your daughter and a couple of her friends? Or better yet, your wife, a daughter and one of her friends...or even better yet, your wife and 2 of her girlfriends who all want to...oh never mind!

LOL MOPAR Carlisile last year. Those are the Mopar Girls!!!

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Dammit! I missed it last year, a tree fell on my house 1/2 hour before I was supposed to leave. I'll be there this year though, I'm bringing my Imperial.

MOPARMITCH

Reaction score
Update!! I bought the Cuda for 10k. Will get it here in a few weeks after I make room for it. Am selling my #1 restored numbers 68 Road Runner I restored recently. Please let me know if there is any interest in it. The fender tag on the Cuda has a code I can't find. I hope someone here will help. It is M89 ??. Here is the complete tag. Someone go ahead and decode it for fun and post it here.

EN1
M31 M89 N41 N42 R35 YO5
EB7 C55 J45 J54 M21 M25
EB7 H6B5 000 313 056187
E63 D21 BS23NOB 276481

MOPARMITCH

Reaction score
Making room for the Cuda now. Just sold my numbers matching restored 383 4 spd 68 Road Runner. Now i've got extra funds to jumpstart the resto on the 383 4spd Cuda!! Also have a 68 GTS Dart big block car to do. Let the fun begin!!!

Tbone416

Reaction score
You did such a nice job on your Bbodys you sould just go work and you will have two super nice cars! Alsome car just read you sold you rr to bad that's a bad ass car

Last edited:

MOPARMITCH

Reaction score
It's HEEEERE!!!! Picked up the Cuda yesterday after making the final payment on it. The PO let me do a lay away plan on it. This also helped me time-wise,to make room in my shop for it. It's a numbers matching one owner Cuda 383 4 spd. New quarters have already been installed and there is 0 rust anywhere to deal with.

002.jpg

004.jpg

003.jpg

006.jpg

009.jpg

010.jpg

Back