• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Under dash question

Juan Veldez

Reaction score
InkedDash- under.jpg
What are these three holes for? This is for a 73 Chally.

larry4406

Reaction score
Down lights for illuminating the dash.

You have a 3-light bar yet a rallye dash uses a 4-light bar.

1664569124938.png

Juan Veldez

Reaction score
Down lights for illuminating the dash.

You have a 3-light bar yet a rallye dash uses a 4-light bar.

View attachment 98474
It is a Rallye dash and car. Mine has three lights behind the blue plexiglass plates and one at the end that has a blue bulb enclosure. I guess the plate is always the same, just used differently depending on which dash?

Katfish

Reaction score
I had to look at mine, and I am now also wondering what those 3 holes are for?

moparmike65

Reaction score
There’s a few wrong answers here. Those holes are for the standard non rally cluster. The rally cluster has the lights hidden behind that cover, if it were a standard non rally cluster the light sockets would be accessible through those three holes. First picture rally dash, second picture non rally.

23D7173C-00C1-483D-8D96-3FE7505B8E26.jpeg

457419E7-72FE-4F43-B7E9-CF03A0C915CC.jpeg

Juan Veldez

Reaction score
There’s a few wrong answers here. Those holes are for the standard non rally cluster. The rally cluster has the lights hidden behind that cover, if it were a standard non rally cluster the light sockets would be accessible through those three holes. First picture rally dash, second picture non rally.

View attachment 98621

View attachment 98622
Agreed. All done, ready to install.Dash all complete.jpg

larry4406

Reaction score
What are the wrong answers in the thread?

OP was told he had the wrong light bar for a rallye dash application and the holes in the wrong light bar (which he asked about) allows the lights to pass thru.

Juan Veldez

Reaction score
What are the wrong answers in the thread?

OP was told he had the wrong light bar for a rallye dash application and the holes in the wrong light bar (which he asked about) allows the lights to pass thru.
Dash light bar.jpg
Here is a better photo of the panel. I have the four blue plastic lenses with a bulb behind each one, not going though three lenses. This is a Rallye car and what seems to be a Rallye dash, including this light bar. Correct or incorrect?

Back