• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

unidentified vacuum hose

Reaction score
Hey folks,i recently noticed a vacuum line dragging under my 72 340 cuda.The end that is still connected goes to the lower passenger side of the firewall and can't for the life of me find where the other end gets connected!If any one could help with this issue....it would be greatly appreciated! Thanks alot....wiredgeorgia

AUSTA

Reaction score
Normally connects to the vacuum port behind the carby next to the throttle cable support
You may be sucking air have a high idle if the port is left unplugged
Its used to control the vacuum gates on the heater box

Reaction score
Here is a pic of the lower part of the firewall with the hose attatched and the port behind the carby i think your talking about

IMG_1263.JPG

IMG_1272.JPG

quapman

Reaction score
Yes and yes...that's the vacuum line for the A/C box doors and goes on that plugged off port.

Reaction score
Thank you for the replies ! apparently the hose was left off by WHOEVER had their hands on it previously.The car sat in a garage for 7 years before i obtained it so,who knows ! Your help is GREATLY APPRECIATED !! Goy any info on tweaking a holly 650 double pumper carb ??? Thanks alot man !!

Back