• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

vector file for a hemi cuda

ralgiere

Reaction score
I am a newbie and I hope I am in the correct area

I am restoring a 71 hemi Cuda Clone and I do not want to use a sticker for the billboard. I want to use a vector file to make a reverse pattern and paint the hemi billboard on. Can anyone help me?

Last edited:

NoCar340

Reaction score
I talked to Stencils & Stripes and they were willing and able to cut my chosen stripe as a masking kit rather than in vinyl. At the time, it was considerably less expensive than the actual stripe kit since no vinyl was used. I can't remember the fella's name who worked with me, but he was very friendly and helpful.

It's a lot less mucking about than trying to come up with a custom vector file, which would probably require scanning an actual stripe to create correctly.

ralgiere

Reaction score
Thank you so much.
I have a guy that can do just what you said but he needs the custom vector file. Is there anyone that has the file?

NoCar340

Reaction score
I would guess various stripe manufacturers have it, but don't expect them to give you a copy. You might as well ask KFC for their 11 herbs and spices. I can't imagine why anyone else would have it, since there's literally no use for it outside of creating stripes. It's not like someone is sitting on a copy they snuck out the back door of Chrysler, since vector files didn't exist back then.

ralgiere

Reaction score
Well NoCar340, I joined this form for help. I have tried to purchase one, I have tried calling various stripe manufacturers for one including "Stencils & Stripes" (with out any luck) and I thought maybe some one this forum would have a name where I can buy a masking kit or maybe just maybe vector file. I don't expect them to give me a copy.

Thank you for your kind words
Ray

Last edited:

fastmark

Reaction score
Well, I’m going to say it before someone else does. If this is a real 71 Hemi Cuda( worth big bucks) most would agree, it needs to have the stickers put on instead of paint. It will be devalued if/when you sell it. Your car. Do what you feel.

ralgiere

Reaction score
I though this forum is were I could get a name where to purchase a masking kit. Your opinions have been noted. Please reply if you have a company that can sell me a masking Kit.

PhoenixGraphix

FEBO Vendor
FEBO Vendor
Reaction score
Give us a call at Phoenix Graphix inc and we will see what we can do to help you. 1-800-941-4550. Honestly the remark by Fastmark is correct regarding value

Cuda416

Reaction score
Since you aren't going for originality, make your own. Find a big picture of a side view, trace the pattern, scale it, and your done. it's a pretty simple vector. The only "question" you'd need to answer is what the font is for the lettering. The offer from @PhoenixGraphics is probably your best bet if you're not equipped to do it. Really though, it's not hard at all.

Cuda416

Reaction score
All you need is something like this.. It's supposedly a "barn find" so might be factory. Zoom in, trace it with splines, scale it and and you're done.

1615402263924.png

Cuda416

Reaction score
I suppose the best option would to find someone willing to let you actually touch their car and trace one. but it sounds to me like you're trying to get something for free. Not gonna happen. This isn't the same work like STL files and Vector files for 3D printing or CNC routers. People make serious money making these decals/stencils. There's lots of ways to skin this cat though.

Back