• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

vin numbers

Knock Out

Reaction score
Hello all
Regarding VIN
a lot of discussion about fender tags, cowl, radiator support, build sheets, sticker on driver door, dash pad, etc on other sites like BAT
in addition to these where else can numbers be found
Is there another source besides Galens tag service (I have a report from Galen dated 1998 and an updated version from 2005)
so far everything matches on my car and I have the owners history going back to original purchase
My engine is date code correct but not numbers matching, I have the original trans but I installed a Passon 4 speed a few years ago with Mcleod dual
I changed out the brakes to wilwood with hydroboost but kept all of the original drum components.
All of the mods that the car has can be reversed back to original set up if desired
Just wanting to stay on top of this as I see a lot of comments from speculators about a different cars authenticity and reproduction fender tags
Any help would be greatly appreciated
KO

moparlee

Reaction score
Maybe you probably already know, but there are many many individual parts that have date codes on them that would need to be correct for the build date of your car if you are looking to have a "complete" numbers matching car.

Knock Out

Reaction score
Thank you for the response
This car was purchased new and used as 1/4 mile car from the start (it actaully has 17 k miles on it)
original motor blown up
hemi installed blown up
retired from racing around 1972
sat for decades
purchased and restored 1998-2003(with original six pack set up)
been in a couple magazines etc etc
sold again 2007
I purchased 2018
Will never be complete numbers matching just trying to verify as much as possible
thank you again

Back