• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

were to buy evaporator core?

74 challenger

Reaction score
ok seems people just say they have them , 3 weeks latter i ended up buying from AMCJWP in Texas and he had them in stock. Was told monday the 11th i should get it.

74 challenger

Reaction score
2 evaporators later and still no luck. UPS played football with the 1st one,2 weeks later get a good one and it is the wrong one. REALLY WHAT THE .... This has been going on since april trying to buy one. 1st 2 companys jerked me around for a month and this month all this.Thanks for letting me vent, monday going to a shop to see if they can repair the factory one.Should of done that right from the get go.

74 challenger

Reaction score
ok no one knows how to check the evaporator out of a car. Returned the evaporator to AMC do to pipes not correct on new one,know waiting for my money.

74 challenger

Reaction score
thank you Leo ,called them last week and said they had them in. Tried to buy from them a month ago and the had my card # for over 2 weeks and they couldnt give me a date on when they were getting the evaporators in. So i gave up on them, guess i need to practice some patiences.

74 challenger

Reaction score
got my evaporator from classic auto air. I wished theyed made the bracket on the lines. Im going to put the box together tomorrow and install it. Hope after 3 months of waiting i will finally have ac in the car. Will put a pic up of the bracket that should be there. Was happy with CAA with their service.

74 challenger

Reaction score
So put it all together and put new oil in it. Charged it and system got plugged. Turns out the old dry oil in the compressor-40 years- mixed with the new oil and plugged up the drier. Cleaned the lines again and have to order a new drier. Guess i need to rebuild the compressor so its clean or buy a new one. Has anyone ever flushed a compressor? Guess thats what you have to go threw to have ac in the challenger. Pretty soon wont need the ac. LOL Theres always next year.

moparleo

Reaction score
Get another compressor/clutch. Go to an a/c shop and have them flush the system. They have the tools and the experience. Cheaper in the long run.Dont remove the plugs from the drier until right before you vacuum the system. The real weak part is the blower fan. A/c will get cold but not enough flow in the vents .

Back