• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

What do you use on your vinyl top?

jeryst

Reaction score
Probably been asked before but I couldnt find anything.
My vinyl top is looking a little dingy, and I dont know what to use to give it that original black shine. I've been told not to use Armorall because it dries out the vinyl.

What do you guys use?

wedg2go

Reaction score
303 protectant. There simply isn't anything else that comes close.

Walmart, most automotive box stores & amazon

dadeo1852

Reaction score
I use this, spray on and wipe off with microfiber towel. I use it on my whole interior too so I buy it by the gallon and put it in a sprayer but they sell it in a spray bottle too. No silicone in it!
IMG_20190725_091502330.jpg

340challconvert

Reaction score
Heard good things about Meguiar's products
Ordered a bottle of the vinyl and rubber cleaner/conditioner.
Will see how it works; have used Armor All for years. Looking forward to trying this.
Thanks

Dino2 (1).gif

/sixchall

Reaction score
The 303 is a good choice. Was using every other thing except Amour All. Fell onto 303 by accident and found it to be an exceptional product. Doesn’t leave a high gloss greasy look but an original satin look to any plastic or rubber, tires have a new look.
Thought it was such a great product I purchased a Gal. of it on Amazon. Thanks, Al

jeryst

Reaction score
Thanks for the info, everyone.
Someone told me to use the wax shoe polish. Has anyone ever tried that?

/sixchall

Reaction score
I would question the use of a wax made for shoes. A product like that after a lot of work putting it on, and god knows what kind of prep is necessary for its application, may melt away on a very hot day. I can recall in my military days of standing on a hot tarmac during a Personel inspection and watching the shine on your shoes melt off on to the concrete. The proper product is a must here.

Back