• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

What goes first.

CaseyCuda

Reaction score
Hey guys I'm doing all my own work and I'm sure the info is out there but I need I ask. I am having the floor pans done cause I don't trust the work being done By me since I've never done it and don't want to ruin a cuda learning. Once I have the floors inner and outer rocker panels done. I have to replace the trunk pans the quarters and the tail pan. Which one goes first? I know they all stitch together but I don't know which one is the first piece to go. So I can stitch the rest too.

challenger6pak

Reaction score
There are several ways to do it and most of them are right. I pull the tail light panel and put a new one piece trunk floor in first. Since you are going this deep into the car, use a one piece trunk floor pan. I only attach it to the frame rails. I trim and fit it to the original trunk drop off pieces. Then I work from one side of the car to the other side, using the floor pan as my alignment piece. Lastly, I put the tail panel back on. I leave the trunk lid on when I can, and trial fit everything before I weld. When I can, I mount the rear valance, bumper, before I weld. I personally don't like striping the car to frame rails and then putting it back together. I see too many people getting lost in space that way. Going from side to side makes the project less overwhelming. You can see your progress and it always looks like a car. Doing it your first time, plan an easy 80 hours for the job.

Adam

Reaction score
Very good advice from Challenger6pak; the trunk pan goes in before the tail panel because it wont fit through the trunk opening, unless you are using a two piece pan. The two piece pan is more work and should really only be used if you are only fixing one side or the other.

CaseyCuda

Reaction score
Hey thanks guys. Especially challenger6pak. I am getting The floors done as of nov. And I needed a starting point I agree with you, unless it's a professional shop don't cut it all off. I just couldn't see which part came first. Definatly using a one piece pan. I just wish I wasn't cutting off what seems like the whole car. But the cancer is too deep.

Back