• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

What is the best place to sell a car?

R/T4speedconv

Reaction score
I am thinking of selling my 70 R/T convert and need your opinion of the best place to sell it. Auction(like Barret's)? E bay? Craigs list? Its one of the early red 440 sixpack converts "promo" cars.

sheetmetaldan

Reaction score
Unless you absolutly HAVE to sell it I wouldn`t do it in this economy! If you must sell it forum groups such as this are as good a place as any to start in my opinion. No commisions or final sales fees to pay like an auction house or E-bay will charge you. Just have to sort through whos serious and who wants to kick the tires! Pics can only help!

burntorange70

Reaction score
A site like this is a good place to start. Craigs list is nice but you have to weed through all the spamers E mailing you. You will not get the spamers if you post it on this site. Just don't put your phone # or E mail in the post and only go through PM's to give people that info and you will be fine.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Anybody ever try selling in the Mopar Collector's Guide? I have been thinking of listing one of my projects there. I have not been successful on Ebay as far as selling the car and have had several calls from Craigslist ads but nothing that has panned out. Have it on the forums too. But I wouldn't sell now if you don't have to in this economy.

ramenth

Reaction score
I'd agree with everyone who's advising to use the forums. Think of us as a big car club. Advertising here - and the word of mouth generated by the ad - costs nothing. It's a good way to reach a national audience, and in our case, even an international audience.

Say you place an ad here, on FABO, on FBBO, etc. You might get some tire kickers, but you'll also generate some interest in the car being out there.
Let's say I've got a guy who's looking at my E-body and is serious about making an offer, but I won't sell. I do one of two things: I send him here to look over the ads, with an emphasis on one or two or I send him to a buddy who has a couple for sale. This guy turns into a potential buyer for yours.

R/T4speedconv

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies-I need to get pictures up and made in to a ad next. My not be today as there is rain near by.

Back