• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

What is your favorite E bodycolor post a pic

ronscuda

Reaction score
I am having a hard time picking my color. So I am asking you to post a pic of a car sporting your favorite color and list the color along with the picture.. I have seen so many variances of sublime green and sassy grass green I have no idea what one is supposed to truly look like!!!

Posted via Topify using iPhone/iPad

ramenth

Reaction score
Favorite color on an E-body it's even an E-body color. It's an AMC color. Wild Plum. It's what my E-body is going to be painted in.

bodyshoppics9043.jpg

bodyshoppics9043.jpg

ronscuda

Reaction score
Favorite color on an E-body it's even an E-body color. It's an AMC color. Wild Plum. It's what my E-body is going to be painted in.

I like it, that is a good looking purple but I think if it was on an E body most people would think that is plum crazy.

[iurl="http://www.forebodiesonly.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=13284&d=1377655014&d=1377655014"]
attachment.php?attachmentid=13284&d=1377655014.jpg
[/iurl]

stu in wichita

Reaction score
Love that Rambler! Everyone thinks of Mopar's wild and crazy colors with cool names. But remember AMC introduced the "Big Bad" colors in '69.

I wonder what the Wild Plum looks like right next to Plum Crazy. Darker, brighter, the same?

BTW, what motor do you have?

-Stu

ramenth

Reaction score
Love that Rambler! Everyone thinks of Mopar's wild and crazy colors with cool names. But remember AMC introduced the "Big Bad" colors in '69.

I wonder what the Wild Plum looks like right next to Plum Crazy. Darker, brighter, the same?

BTW, what motor do you have?

-Stu

Little lighter with more red in it than blue. Heavier metallics, too.

Engine will be an all aluminum 500 RB.

Bill

Reaction score
I got into restoring a Challenger I purchased a little over a year ago. At first I was thinking that there could be nothing other than Plum Crazy then I noticed that it seems like half of the Challengers are painted that color (colour, whatever) and the other half are painted green.. So my next choice was to take a serious look into my heart and Super Duper Soul and after watching a few clips of Vanishing Point I decided that there could be no other color (colour, whatever) than Alpine White (white hides imperfections too which is good for a novice such as myself). If I ever get it to a point to where I can take it to a local show or two I will make sure it's all dusty and has a little mud on the rear quarters and rockers just like the movie. (I'm one of those guys that always votes for the most unique rat rod for best in show). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pA4ymmXa8rs
If all else fails, have your wife pick out a color (colour, whatever).
Good luck!!! :color:

Last edited:

ronscuda

Reaction score
I got into restoring a Challenger I purchased a little over a year ago. At first I was thinking that there could be nothing other than Plum Crazy then I noticed that it seems like half of the Challengers are painted that color (colour, whatever) and the other half are painted green.. So my next choice was to take a serious look into my heart and Super Duper Soul and after watching a few clips of Vanishing Point I decided that there could be no other color (colour, whatever) than Alpine White (white hides imperfections too which is good for a novice such as myself). If I ever get it to a point to where I can take it to a local show or two I will make sure it's all dusty and has a little mud on the rear quarters and rockers just like the movie. (I'm one of those guys that always votes for the most unique rat rod for best in show). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pA4ymmXa8rs
If all else fails, have your wife pick out a color (colour, whatever).
Good luck!!!
color.gif

I don't know if having my wife pic a color would work.. I can tell you positively without even asking her that she would say Panther Pink... And no matter how much I can respect that unique color I don't think I could like it for my ride!!!

Bill

Reaction score

74chlngrTT5.9

Reaction score
My favorite color happens to be yellow. Just a coincidence that my car is yellow. I like it and would never change the color but...
IMOP the best Ebody color has to be orange.

Mike.

rbbruno3

Reaction score
Back quite a few years ago in Queensbuy NY there was a green Challenger with purple R/T stripes. I thought it was a little different but to each his own. If you go to Carlise I dont think purple is over used, and there are alot of E-bodies there.

Mopar Mitch

Reaction score
My T/A is the "Optional" metallic Hemi Orange ($19.00 on window sticker!).. so it grew on me since I bought the car in 1975 (Black top and white interior.. although has Recaro-type black racing buckets). I also like the B5 Blue accented by white stripes, such as the longitudinal RT stripe. Then, because I'm a T/A vintage fan, I like the Sublime Green like the Posey T/A. Then there's always the In-Violet/Plum Crazy colors... I like those, as well. I like white interiors even though, admittadley, they are difficult to keep clean... but Mopars had sharp looking white interiors!.. and "White Hat Specials" (White vinyl roofs with white interiors). Come to think of it, when Dodge re-introduced the 2008 Challenger, they used the Hemi Orange color as their main marketing theme with the new cars... so... HEMI-ORANGE is my #1 choice... (someday I want a Hemi Orange SRT8 Challenger parked next to my T/a in the garage).

DetMatt1

Reaction score
I might get struck by lightning if I didn't say Butterscotch! I like the oranges and the blues, black is always good. I've seen enough of the greens and the plum crazy that unless it was original to the car I would avoid them.

image.jpg

Miguel Duncan

Reaction score
I am having a hard time picking my color. So I am asking you to post a pic of a car sporting your favorite color and list the color along with the picture.. I have seen so many variances of sublime green and sassy grass green I have no idea what one is supposed to truly look like!!!

If I did it again, I probably would have gone with the '72 light gunmetal metallic. As it was, I ordered my 72 Challenger in GY8 metallic gold. See attached - - still original owner.

20 June 09 Car Show 017.jpg

20 June 09 Car Show 018.jpg

Adam

Reaction score
B5 Blue, Tor Red, and Plum Crazy... having trouble posting pics right now.

340challconvert

Reaction score
My A66 Challenger convertible is the Y-1 yellow from the factory. I'm ok with the color, my wife does not like it! I wouldn't change from factory for my car.
If I could have ordered the car new, I always liked the B-7 Blue or Black. Gives the car a classy look!
Dino2 (1).gif

$_57 (2).JPG

!BRF7bTQBmk~$(KGrHgoH-EIEjlLlecF0BJ8MbJojUQ~~_3.JPG

5133737331_379bb28a5c_b.jpg

Mopar Nut

Reaction score
Go Mango Orange!

Sadly I can not locate the only surviving picture of my previous own 70 Challenger.

Back