• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

What's it worth? Seats and belts

themechanic

Reaction score
I'm basically only keeping the back seat on this restomod 70 Cuda.

The seats were recovered by a previous owner using original foam. One has a small hole in the side of the bottom. The seat covers look fairly new besides that. The frames and sliders could use blasting and painting. The lap and shoulder belts are stock black in good driver condition but need to be restored.

themechanic

Reaction score
Some photos were too large for the server.

Attachments

• IMG_20211209_135919461_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20211209_135919461_HDR.jpg
    255.8 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_20211209_145147227_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20211209_145147227_HDR.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 144
  • IMG_20211209_145105699.jpg
    IMG_20211209_145105699.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 155
  • IMG_20211209_145204135_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20211209_145204135_HDR.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 147

fasjac

Reaction score
You could compare comps on eBay, Craig’s list etc. but, really how bad someone needs/wants them. Bottom line line is is “ what their willing to pay’.
I e seen singles for 250-600.
Good luck on selling them.

WDO72

Reaction score
I'm looking for a pair of 70 cuda bucket seats at the moment. Where are you located? I'm in California and interested if you have a pair of 70s. If so, you're welcome to pm me.

fasjac

Reaction score
I've seen dried, cracked and rusted go for more than that.
That’s right on the price. I just haven’t seen the end of them going for more. Again, what someone needs and willing to pay. Get all you can. There not easily found.

themechanic

Reaction score
I'm looking for a pair of 70 cuda bucket seats at the moment. Where are you located? I'm in California and interested if you have a pair of 70s. If so, you're welcome to pm me.
Moore, Oklahoma

fastmark

Reaction score
The only thing I see wrong is the upholstery job. Someone forgot to attach the center stays the frame. Shipping is the only thin bad about big items like seats.

70chall440

Reaction score
This is why the "WIW" threads are always jacked up, the OP knows what he/she things the item is worth and wants for it but then comes onto a forum to seek validation.

Just because you see something high priced doesn't mean that's what it sells for. eBay and CL are full of over priced crap that never sells.

themechanic

Reaction score
This is why the "WIW" threads are always jacked up, the OP knows what he/she things the item is worth and wants for it but then comes onto a forum to seek validation.

Just because you see something high priced doesn't mean that's what it sells for. eBay and CL are full of over priced crap that never sells.
I agee with you on the threads getting jacked up. Low ballers don't help.

If I knew what I wanted/what they sell for why would I waste everyone's time with this thread?

70chall440

Reaction score
I agee with you. Low ballers don't help.
You might not like the answer but that doesn't make it wrong. Actually I agree with the estimate that you are calling "low ball". These seats are not rare, there were/are many out there, yours look to be in good condition but there is no telling what is under the fabric and foam so a potential buyer has to relay on faith.

I am sure your seats are nice, are they $1700 nice? I absolutely would not pay that, but then again I don't need any. As stated, price them out as you see fit and see what happens but don't get offended when someone gives you an answer you don't like when you ask the question.

themechanic

Reaction score
You might not like the answer but that doesn't make it wrong. Actually I agree with the estimate that you are calling "low ball". These seats are not rare, there were/are many out there, yours look to be in good condition but there is no telling what is under the fabric and foam so a potential buyer has to relay on faith.

I am sure your seats are nice, are they $1700 nice? I absolutely would not pay that, but then again I don't need any. As stated, price them out as you see fit and see what happens but don't get offended when someone gives you an answer you don't like when you ask the question.
I'm not offended.

budascuda

Reaction score
Just put them up for $1700 or best offer, no need for drama.

themechanic

Reaction score
I started this thread looking for a fair price to start a for sale thread. I saw the high prices people are asking and selling these parts for and couldn't believe it. I am not looking to make a profit or give away valuable parts, either.

The seats are complete and someone could bolt them in their driver and use them as is. The foam can be replaced for more comfort.

New factory seats are not available. New Legendary covers are expensive and not available for months.

Thanks for your opinions.

budascuda

Reaction score
Let me just say one last thing, at 1700, you will make a profit, I think most of the members agree with that! At any rate, the best of luck to ya....

And since we are ever so close to my favorite time of the year, well, merry Christmas to you and all my friends at FEBO.🎅🎅🎅🎅🎅🎅

themechanic

Reaction score
Let me just say one last thing, at 1700, you will make a profit, I think most of the members agree with that! At any rate, the best of luck to ya....

And since we are ever so close to my favorite time of the year, well, merry Christmas to you and all my friends at FEBO.🎅🎅🎅🎅🎅🎅
I never placed a price on them. I'm still researching.

Thanks

Steve340

Reaction score
They are 1970 seats and complete so that is a real bonus. Obvious that the best price is from someone who wants to go original and has no seats or junk ones.
You want to go the aftermarket way - so is a place to start were the new seats cost is covered by the originals?
Just a thought and I have no clue how much your intended new seats cost.

Back