• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

What's the funnest/funniest reaction that you have had with your car.

DrEamer

Reaction score
A couple of days ago I was following the tow truck as it carried my Challenger home from the paint shop. It was kind fun to see the reactions of some of the people along the way. We were not even a quarter mile from the paint shop when I noticed a driver in a Ram pickup looking at the car so intensely, that he almost drifted into incoming traffic. I also notice a few people turning their heads and staring. The funniest reaction was as we pulled up to a stop light, a young gal in her early 20's saw the car, and I could see her say," What is that?" as she hit her male friend on the shoulder. He turned around, his mouth dropped, and he yelled "Oh my god" three times. The light turned green, and then he started yelling "Bring it back", another three times. It was the highlight of the trip. I talked to the driver, and he said he noticed a lot of the same things during the drive. I know that you you probably similar or better stories with your cars. So, share them, it gives me something to look forward to when I finish my car. Also, it's fun to share with the group.

Last edited:

moparcop

Reaction score
A few days ago I was out for a cruise in my 1970 Challenger R/T. I came to a stoplight when a guy on a Harley Dyna pulled up on my passenger side. He was wearing a stars and stripes bandana (no helmet law in South Carolina), mirror sunglasses (circa 1970), wife beater t-shirt, had 3 teeth all grinning at me. My windows were down and as I looked over at him he grinned and yelled as loud as he can ..."yeahhhhh boy!!!!! Thats what Im talking about!!"..... we both laughed, he gave me a big thumbs up and off we rode when the light turned green.

/sixchall

Reaction score
A11DB1CE-1814-426C-ACD8-DAC44170D8A2.jpeg
Here’s one for ya. My ‘70 Challenger, Go-Mango, factory Rallyes, power bulge hood, hood pins, T/A style duck tail spoiler, polished SE trim, shiny chrome, OK! Got the picture. Now, idle into a cruise or any kind of show Mopar or not. People see a damned nice looking car pulling in. You pull into a spot, some guys are walking over smiling, your already out with the Cal Duster, hoods not open yet. They’re looking asking questions. I casually walk to the front of car fielding thier questions. You lift up the hood and here’s where the questions and confusion really start. For under the hood of my Dodge is a Slant6!!?? This happens all the time except for those that are aware. As I said, Here’s one for ya. Thanks, Al

AUSTA

Reaction score
Was out in the TA giving some gas & pulled up at a red light & this elderly full blood Aboriginal pulled up in a ute with a few bales of hay on the back ( Obviously a farmer) he wound down his window right hand drive to my L/H drive & said man that is definitely a Mopar that is one sweet sound man

AUSTA

Reaction score
Not so funny but lots of fun.
We have a small plot of land in the country near Kalgoorlie for gold detecting & was sitting at the local bar having a pint of Lager when this 4 foot something blond with a Dolly Parton look about her walks in wearing a Mopar t shirt, the town has a population of about 900 people
Anyhow get talking & i asked her about the shirt if she is into Mopars to which she replied come outside & ill take you for a run in one.
Walked outside & there is this beautiful Road runner well all the roads around there have 20 to 30 mile straight roads going no where she stepped on the gas man what a blast she knew how to drive that machine got back to the hotel & enjoyed the rest of the day talking about Mopars

sxpckcuda

Reaction score
True story, 1970 CUDA V Code SHAKER Hoods up, local car show, fella comes over, looks and leaves screaming at his wife "I told you that something is wrong with my glasses ". SHAKER decal made him nuts.

Reaction score
I was at a local car show back in the mid 90's with my Cuda, hood up, a older guy and his grandson walks up, looks at the shaker hood call out 440-6, and says to his grandson "Thats a big 6 cylinder motor in that Dodge"

340challconvert

Reaction score
Enjoying these stories!
Here's mine;
It's is 1975 and I went with my girlfriend at the time and another couple to Washington DC to see the sites in my B-7 blue 70 Challenger Rt 440-6 with a factory shaker hood.
In the heavy DC traffic I kept worrying about overheating with the temp gauge running hot, had to put the car in neutral at stop lights (which was every block)and gun the gas to bring up the rpm's and cool the motor down in the city. A guy pulls up next to me at the light, and intently stares at my car, checking out the shaker quivering out of the hood and looking the car up and down.
He rolls down his window and says "Man, That car has some future behind it". Then he drove off.
Never had heard that saying then or now, but I think he liked my car!

Dino2 (1).gif

michael

Reaction score
Was at a early morning caffine & octane after I parked my 71 440 4 speed challenger a young lady was looking over my car and asked what it was I replied it was the original challenger made by Dodge she replied in all seriousness " I didn't know there was a original challenger"!

340challconvert

Reaction score
Was at a early morning caffine & octane after I parked my 71 440 4 speed challenger a young lady was looking over my car and asked what it was I replied it was the original challenger made by Dodge she replied in all seriousness " I didn't know there was a original challenger"!

The "younguns" do not know what they missed!

Knock Out

Reaction score
2 quick stories I am in so cal so lots of car guys
Story 1 =Parked at the local gas station getting 5 gallons of premium to go with the 5 gallons of 110 octane sunoco a low rider impala pulls up behind me. Guy gets out and starts talking with me and asking if he can take pictures. Within 5 minutes the rest of his buddies have pulled in to the station= 5 more low riders
Now we are all talking and looking at each others cars when a 55 and 57 chevy bel air pull in that were just driving buy and wanted to see what was going on. I guess car guys are car guys no matter what the taste.
Story 2 Very first week I have the car and a guy in a very new hellcat challenger pulls up next to me at a stop light in the middle of town. He gets out of his car walks in front of my car and bows, smiles and gets back in his car just in time for the light.

/sixchall

Reaction score
Knock Out, Say buddy, I’m in SoCal also. Where abouts are you located? I went to the Spring Fling at Woodley Park recently, were you there? Maybe I walked by you or your car. Holler at me sometime.
Al

Knock Out

Reaction score
Went to the spring fling also just as a spectator on Sunday.
I didn't bring the car just went out to enjoy the day with my son. Get some Jerry's deli Rueben's afterwards.
We are thinking about doing the cruise at the fall fling and bringing the car out for one day either Saturday or Sunday.
I am still working at my own business so its a little tough to spend a whole weekend on the hobby.
I am in the inland empire.
KO

/sixchall

Reaction score
KO, I am too in the Inland Empire(Riverside). I will attend the Fall Fling also, however it is only a one day event. If you would like another Mopar gathering. Then you will be interested in the Mopars in May at the Calif. School for the Deaf in Riverside Ca. Held May 19, 2019 from 8:00 to 3:30, I like this one because it’s right here in town. Not 73 miles away like Spring Fling. Stay in touch, Oh, the Tuxies Cruise night once a month is a great cruise, think about it. Will talk again. Al

Knock Out

Reaction score
Unreal sometimes it’s better not to say anything
Beautiful car

Knock Out

Reaction score
KO, I am too in the Inland Empire(Riverside). I will attend the Fall Fling also, however it is only a one day event. If you would like another Mopar gathering. Then you will be interested in the Mopars in May at the Calif. School for the Deaf in Riverside Ca. Held May 19, 2019 from 8:00 to 3:30, I like this one because it’s right here in town. Not 73 miles away like Spring Fling. Stay in touch, Oh, the Tuxies Cruise night once a month is a great cruise, think about it. Will talk again. Al
Those events sound like fun
I am in the San Gabriel valley-glendora

Back