• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Window Trim

72barracuda

Reaction score
I have three questions about window trim that I hope someone can help with. 1) the windshield trim has screws that hold the lower corner pieces. It looks like these will screw directly to the slotted holes in the body. Is that correct or am I missing a clip that they screw into? Looks like I should also seal that hole. 2) There are two pieces that go around the windows. There was foam tape in between the two pieces. What is everyone using for this tape? 3) Should the headliner be installed before installing the side window trim? Does the headliner wrap under either of these pieces? Thanks in advance.

Grady Cain

Reaction score
1.) Yes, the lower windshield corner trim pieces get screwed into those "slotted" holes you mention. No clips for that. You can seal it if you want but it was not from the factory to my knowledge. 2.) Mopar E Body 70 71 72 73 74 EWeatherstrip Channel (Drip Rail) to Roof Sealing Strips Rolls
3.) The headliner needs to be installed first before any trim goes on. The drip rail can be installed prior to the headliner but all other side window trim goes on after. The black metal interior trim is what the headliner gets "wrapped under" as you put it.

72barracuda

Reaction score
FYI ...Got the rolls from Detroit Muscle, the two rolls for the weatherstrip channel look like original but the ones for drip rail are totally different than what is originally on my car. They send low density foam with no adhesive backing that are the same width as the weatherstrip channel tape but on my car it was a wider variant of the weatherstrip channel tape.

Back