• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Windshield Question

ken 408 Stroker

Reaction score
Where should you start the Butle Tape when installing a New Windshield in a 70 Cuda

IMG_1574.JPG

Juan Veldez

Reaction score
I started at the top center OF THE GLASS and went all around and made sure I had a good contact at the connection of the ends. I'm sure there are schools of thought to start at the bottom center or even one of the sides, but as long as the two ends mate together real well, you shouldn't have a problem. I'm glad I installed it on the glass because the new rear glass was about 1/4" less in height from my original one and if I would have laid the strip on the metal frame, I'd barely have caught the glass. Do a dry run before you install the butyl strip to confirm fitment. Don't forget the spacers to maintain equal clearances and prevent sagging.

ken 408 Stroker

Reaction score
JuanI started at the top center OF THE GLASS and went all around and made sure I had a good contact at the connection of the ends. I'm sure there are schools of thought to start at the bottom center or even one of the sides, but as long as the two ends mate together real well, you shouldn't have a problem. I'm glad I installed it on the glass because the new rear glass was about 1/4" less in height from my original one and if I would have laid the strip on the metal frame, I'd barely have caught the glass. Do a dry run before you install the butyl strip to confirm fitment. Don't forget the spacers to maintain equal clearances and prevent sagging.
Juan, thanks for the Information, Much Appreciated, I'm going to drop in tomorrow, thanks Again

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
Good advice above. Be sure to use a setting blocks on the bottom.sets the height for one.second on a warm or hot day will slide down. Feel the inside or outside bottom of windshield. not a constant curve.

pschlosser

Reaction score
I put mine in starting the bead at center bottom and working around. The bead was long enough I could cut to fit and jam the ends together so there was no gap.

cuda joe

Reaction score
start it at the bottom .. if it leaks when at the top water gets in the car

Back