• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Wiring Harness Restoration

scottylack

Reaction score
Anyone know of a company that will go over my wiring harness and restore it? Rather do that then buy a brand new one thanks

scottylack

Reaction score
Unless I read it wrong, seems like 30 yrs in the business is pretty good experience.

No, I meant I was looking for someone who's had the experience of getting their harness done.... someone here who has gotten their harness restored....

Spyder Plante

Reaction score
As someone who is getting up in years - things get a bit creaky. Now think about an old wiring harness that is dried up and brittle, will it crack in places that you cannot see, while you take the wiring harness out, ship it, and then get it back and put it back in. I personally would prefer a new harness especially since you have to remove the old harness anyway and reinstall. The amount of labor is probably about the same.
I can think of one place - Painless https://www.painlessperformance.com/wc/10127. However I can see why someone would consider an alternative when you consider that it is over $560 for a new one. I guess i would want to compare the cost of a new one to a rebuilt one. How long does it take for the restorers to fix or check an old harness. At $50 per hour for one person, if they work over 11 hours - the cost will end up being up there for an old harness. Does any company charge $50/hour or less?

Do these people guarantee that your car will not catch on fire due to a problem with the wiring harness?

Back