• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

WIW Space Saver Spare

earlymopar

Reaction score
I'm trying to find what is a reasonable market value on a space saver spare from a 73 Cuda 340. I understand that this tire would not normally come with a 73 E-body but I know it did given my brother ordered the car from the factory with this option. It was never bolted up and the tread has never been on the road. The rubber is very nice given the tire has always been inside and in the dark. There is a a little surface rust on the cosmetic surfaces and some pitted rust on the inside edge due to having no paint on that surface where the tire slid-over the wheel during mounting.

SS1.JPG

SS2.JPG

SS3.JPG

merkamp

Reaction score
I would be interested in the tire if you come with a price

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
What numbers are stamped on the rim?
Dating the tire will help with the sale.
Anywhere from 800 to 3000 bucks. Dates make a big difference on spare tire pricing.
Both the tire and rim.

earlymopar

Reaction score
Sorry. I realized I posted pictures of a spare I was using for comparison from the web that is what I thought I have. I found that the spare I have is actually a 1970-1981 TransAm / Z-28 spare, not a Mopar as thought.

floyd

Reaction score
I have harvested tires off GM and Ford space savers and swapped them onto Mopar space saver rims. There’s definitely some value in the F78X14 tire, even with a later date code.

Mesmerized63

Reaction score
I have harvested tires off GM and Ford space savers and swapped them onto Mopar space saver rims. There’s definitely some value in the F78X14 tire, even with a later date code.
Was this a hard process? My local tire shop wouldn't even attempt pulling a F78/14 from a GM wheel.

floyd

Reaction score
I’m lucky to have a neighbor who owns a service station who was willing to do several for me. Funny, he was a tad over confident on the first one and it was a bit of a struggle. He figured it out in the end. I’d look for a locally owned/old school service station and stay away from the tire store chains.

Back