• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Word of Caution

John Rimel

Reaction score
I heard about this several days ago. With everyone massively using hand sanitizer there’s a danger to your pets especially dogs. Don’t let them lick your hands. Apparently hand sanitizers have ingredients that are found in antifreeze. I asked my vet and she confirmed that. You should also let the sanitizer totally absorb in the skin before handling food. Maybe a further look into this is prudent.

I should ad that what I have been reading some articles say no, doesn’t cause harm while others say yes. Probably air on the side of caution.

hofilbert

Reaction score
I worked at home and had a shop about 50 feet from my house. I walked to and from my house to the shop several times a day. I had this big dumb "Bubba" sweetheart of a German Shepherd that loved me so much he greeted me and wanted me to pet him each time I went back and forth to the shop and house. We also had a pond he liked to swim in which gave him continuously wet skanky pond dog hair. You could not resist petting this dog he was just so loveable and happy to see you...each time. He stunk though of wet skanky pond and so did your hands after petting him. So, I washed my hands several times a day. I wasn't sick with a cold or anything while I had him, I believe because I washed my hands so often. Moral of the story: Get a big friendly dog and you'll stay healthy.

Last edited:
Back