• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

front spoilers or splitters for Challenger

racChallenger340

Reaction score
Been looking for somebody who reproduces the front spoiler used on the Trans Am cars with no luck. The 2 piece repros are not enough for me. I heard there might be somebody in So Cal but can't find anything on the internet.
Also considering a front chin splitter which seems an improvement from just a spoiler. Found one video from Lengendary Cars who custom built a 200mph Cuda. Anyone with any info?
finally got a couple of pics posted.

cudas rule

Reaction score
spoiler

I have a spoiler on here for sale, I had it on a cuda but I think they used these on challengers to. Pictures are on my profile page.

Brads70

Reaction score
Your wanting a Sam Posey-Trans-Am style right? I've been sort of looking for that too. Couldn't find anyone? Doesn't look all that hard to make though?

SamPosey.jpg

samposey2.jpg

71solo2challenger

Reaction score
the 'cuda has a different front valance. It would block the parking lights/turn signals on a challenger. AND it has a different profile. Hellooooooooo!

racChallenger340

Reaction score
I was thinking of something fender to fender but under the valance so as to not block turn signals. Also considering a spiltter. If you go to Utube and look up 200mph Cuda, Legendary Motorcar built a splitter that looks possible to copy, they have plenty of pics of their build. tried to copy one here but couldn't

ramenth

Reaction score
I was thinking of something fender to fender but under the valance so as to not block turn signals. Also considering a spiltter. If you go to Utube and look up 200mph Cuda, Legendary Motorcar built a splitter that looks possible to copy, they have plenty of pics of their build. tried to copy one here but couldn't

For those of you haven't seen it:

http://www.legendarymotorcar.com/site/552

Several shots of the splitter towards the bottom of the page.

racChallenger340

Reaction score
possible but I have to be careful my front valance is fiberglass, wouldn't take the stress. Underneath it and I could add back bracing. Really thinking about the splitter. looks simple enough, made a cardboard prototype.

Brads70

Reaction score
Last edited:

racChallenger340

Reaction score
Brads70 I just noticed you are Canada, am I slow or what! There is or was a fiberglass place up your way called Showcars. But on other forums they have a very bad rep. They do show a spoiler like I was talking about. I emailed them but no response, maybe they are out of business.
www.showcars-bodyparts.com at bottom of the page are a couple of pics.

This new post is very promising, something I have thought about. For me the downside would be labor, as I have no place to work and limited skills. Also found that Sandy's but wondered if it was too small to be effective for racing.
The splitter on the Legendary Cuda looks so easy to copy, must work they went 200mph+
Did you find my albums I posted of my pics?

Brads70

Reaction score
Ya I met the guy that runs it awhile back, he is not far from me. I never bought anything from him. Felt like I needed a shower after talking to him! ( If you get my drift)
I didn't see a picture of that you meant? On this page?
http://www.showcars-bodyparts.com/challeng.html
When I got my car the shippers wrecked a lot of stuff, the front valance being one of them. ( long story) It wasen't that bad so I just hid it with a licence plate bracket. My car was from CA so it didn't have one. So if I was going to do one it's not so bad as the front valance needs replacing anyhow. The front spoiler should be easy to make it's just a flat "plate " more or less. It's the brackets that suport it that would take a little bit to get right. I would use small stainless button head cap screws so they look like rivits?
I just can't decide if I really would like it enough to have a go at making one.

Brads70

Reaction score
ya I found your pictures. Cool stuff! Looks like your familiar with the Allstar cataloge. I see lots of stock car parts, brackets etc.... ( I work at a local stock car track as a tech inspector, over 20 years now)

racChallenger340

Reaction score
There are pics all the way at the bottom of the page, sometimes it takes awhile to load, or you have to refresh page.

racChallenger340

Reaction score
The shop that helps me is a circle track guy can see his stuff on facebook
RPM sales & service, Woodinville Wa. I had a bad misfortune in 2010, that turned out to be a blessing. Totally rebuilt car, so we started over and fixed the 40year old technology. Have you seen the 2 close up build pictures of the splitter from legendary. Some L brackets rivets and sheet of aluminum and it looks done. I'm leaning that way, but first a couple of projects.

Brads70

Reaction score
Where did you get your front upper control arms? I ask as I have a buddy building a 70-74 Cuda with a new Challenger body on it and he is looking for a cheap upper control arm as circle track racing gets " rough" somedays LOL He was gonna build his own if he couldn't find something cheap.

racChallenger340

Reaction score
Weather has been very bad here, so will get you an answer as soon as I can. Looked at my invoice from shop, doesn[t list a brand says this....
upper a arm bare 6.5 $82.55ea
will get brand and stock number for you

Brads70

Reaction score
Back