• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

1970 A-66 Challenger Convertible

340challconvert

Reaction score
Hey quapman
You were on target

As I disassemble the car, parts go in to bags, had to find parts and check the bag
The spacer was part of the L shaped corner piece, it slips into the folded edge on the back
When I removed the rt side, the spacer stayed on the car, the hole was covered up by the chaulking.
The driver's side corner piece: the bracket stayed on the back
Thank you
Dino2 (1).gif

quapman

Reaction score
Nothing to thank me for. I love these old Mopar mysteries!

tman

Reaction score
Im curious about the Centric rotors you got. Are they a complete assembly with bearing races with RH studs? If you can post a pic would be great! Nice work so far.

340challconvert

Reaction score
Im curious about the Centric rotors you got. Are they a complete assembly with bearing races with RH studs? If you can post a pic would be great! Nice work so far.
The Centric Rotors come with the bearing races, but they come with the rt hand thread only. They are also one piece rotors (original rotors were 2 piece)
Additionally, these fit with the smaller size wheel bearing and smaller size disc brake spindle that was used for my 1970 Challenger with factory disc.
I wanted to reuse my original spindles so these were fine for me. The two piece rotors are just not available new anywhere.

I attached the technical picture and specs. I will try to get an actual picture of the rotors for you. Have not installed them yet.
I bought them on a recommendation from a senior member here. I'm happy with the purchase.

513mIqOWxOL.jpg

Dino2 (1).gif

tman

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I have seen the Centric diagrams. I have never seen the actual rotor. That is why I have not ordered them yet. Whenever they are listed for sale on a website, the photo is of a hubless rotor, but the diagram shows the hub with stud. That is what gives me doubts of what you get. This will be for a 70 Cuda, so yes, I have purchased the correct bearings for a 1970. The Raybestos are still out there, but at $150 ea, is getting ridiculous. I thought about getting the later rotors and just getting the spindle sleeve so it will work with our existing spindles. But if Centric is a good option w/o getting those spindle sleeves, then I will get them.
Here is the spindle sleeve if you haven't seen them. These sleeves are a great idea though. Just have to get the right inner bearing for later rotors.
'70 - '72 Mopar B/E-Body Disc Brake Spindle Sleaves

340challconvert

Reaction score
tman
Pictures of the Centric Rotor

Well made unit, note the reinforcing ribs on the back
Paid 142 each last fall.
Good luck with your choice.
Phil
IMG_0289.JPG

Dino2 (1).gif

IMG_0284.JPG

IMG_0285.JPG

IMG_0286.JPG

IMG_0287.JPG

340challconvert

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I have seen the Centric diagrams. I have never seen the actual rotor. That is why I have not ordered them yet. Whenever they are listed for sale on a website, the photo is of a hubless rotor, but the diagram shows the hub with stud. That is what gives me doubts of what you get. This will be for a 70 Cuda, so yes, I have purchased the correct bearings for a 1970. The Raybestos are still out there, but at $150 ea, is getting ridiculous. I thought about getting the later rotors and just getting the spindle sleeve so it will work with our existing spindles. But if Centric is a good option w/o getting those spindle sleeves, then I will get them.
Here is the spindle sleeve if you haven't seen them. These sleeves are a great idea though. Just have to get the right inner bearing for later rotors.
'70 - '72 Mopar B/E-Body Disc Brake Spindle Sleaves
Just a thought, I looked at the sleeves in using the larger rotor/bearing size.
Some feedback I got from others recommended not using the sleeves, and that it was better to upgrade to the larger 1973 spindle
So I went with the Centric Units.
Dino2 (1).gif

tman

Reaction score
Big thanks for the pics. Now I can order them. Sorry to say, but they are now $55 ea at Rockauto. Part# 121.63022

340challconvert

Reaction score
Amazon has the centric rotors for $101.26 w free shipping
Just a thought. Virota is the seller.

Centric Parts C-Tek Disc Brake Rotor 121.63022

Price: $101.26 & FREE Shipping
Note: Not eligible for Amazon Prime.
In Stock.
Want it Sept. 23 - 27? Choose this date at checkout.
Ships from and sold by Virota.
They are in stock and you can get them this week.
Good luck!
Phil
Dino2 (1).gif

340challconvert

Reaction score
Big thanks for the pics. Now I can order them. Sorry to say, but they are now $55 ea at Rockauto. Part# 121.63022
Wow, I checked out Rock Auto and they have these rotors for $55 each. Great rotors, feel like I've been ripped off?
Good find
Dino2 (1).gif

RUNCHARGER

Reaction score
Might be a good idea to buy a spare set at that price. No telling how long until they are discontinued.

Sheldon

340challconvert

Reaction score
Might be a good idea to buy a spare set at that price. No telling how long until they are discontinued.

Sheldon

Sheldon, took your advice and purchased an extra set.
Everyone else is selling these rotors at over $100. each Great deal
We should let others know: this is a great deal!
Dino2 (1).gif

tman

Reaction score
Im hoping this will be my last pair of rotors. Phil, I checked Amazon on my end and it was $79 free shipping. Are you looking at them at Canadian prices? It was the same seller Virota. But I ordered mine from RockAuto. Hope you used the 5% off code.....C4B4A396C408B7 Cut and paste to the "how did you hear about us" box. If this code does not work, then google for Rockauto discount codes.
73-74 rotors are $33 each.

Last edited:

340challconvert

Reaction score
Im hoping this will be my last pair of rotors. Phil, I checked Amazon on my end and it was $79 free shipping. Are you looking at them at Canadian prices? It was the same seller Virota. But I ordered mine from RockAuto. Hope you used the 5% off code.....C4B4A396C408B7 Cut and paste to the "how did you hear about us" box. If this code does not work, then google for Rockauto discount codes.
73-74 rotors are $33 each.
Cool recommendation; can not beat the price.
Dino2 (1).gif

340challconvert

Reaction score
Final clean up of the lower control arm before pressing in the new bushing and pivot shaft
Still have to remove the outer shell; bought the American Muscle tools- this should help
Had to grind off the old bumper stop and use a chisel.

IMG_0295.JPG

You can still see the orange factory paint on the extension arm and what is left of the organosol dip line

Dino2 (1).gif

IMG_0297.JPG

Back