• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Year One Rallye !!

Cuda360

Reaction score
They are finally here.
Here's a quick rundown...
Front: 17x8 - 25.25 lbs
Rear : 19x9 - 25.8 lbs
Max runout - 0.011 over a quarter turn
Pics: 1-front; 2-Rear: 3-Rear
Tires should be mounted today!

17x8-1sm.jpg

17x9-1sm.jpg

17x9-3sm.jpg

704406pkcuda

Reaction score
they are the most awsome wheels can't wait for the tires and center caps to get hear. had a really hard time finding the proper tire heigh and width and it looks like 255/50/17 rears and 245/45/17 fronts IMG_4234.jpgIMG_4233.jpgwas going to put 17x 9s on back but after measuring everythink i couldnt see how to get them under there. granted i have rear wheel disc on our 70 6pk cuda but they just wont fit. i wander if anyone else could get them under there. can you guys who received these wheels from yearone beleave the way they were shipped. and all the protection they took to prevent damage. cutos to yearone.

IMG_4234.jpg

IMG_4233.jpg

Last edited:

Cuda360

Reaction score
was going to put 17x 9s on back but after measuring everythink i couldnt see how to get them under there. granted i have rear wheel disc on our 70 6pk cuda but they just wont fit. i wander if anyone else could get them under there. can you guys who received these wheels from yearone beleave the way they were shipped. and all the protection they took to prevent damage. cutos to yearone.

I'm putting the 9" on the rear. I'm waiting for the rain to stop so I can roll the car onto the driveway to mount up. Saturday is supposed to warm and dry.

It is good to hear they were shipped well; I'm lucky enough to live less that a half-hour from Year One so I picked them up Monday on my lunch hour.

The front 17x8 with a 245/40-17 is 51.5 lbs.
The rear 17x9 with a 275-40-17 is 55.9 lbs

The bottom pictures are when I was test fitting for some 3-piece racing wheels. (They were way too expensive to pursue though) There should be room to spare with a 9" rear. Although I don't know how the disc brakes on the rear change things...

All Mounted.jpg

Front Mounted.jpg

Rear Mounted.jpg

Test Fit 1 sm.JPG

Test Fit 4 sm.JPG

704406pkcuda

Reaction score
Here are some photos on the car
No fit issues at all.

Looks great.. Iam trying to fit a taller rear tire under the cuda. The 255/50/17 s for rear are 27.1 " tall. I have 18's on my roadrunner and the are 295/40 or 45 and there 28" in tall. Trying to get the old look like we use to get when we use to put G 60 15's and they were a tall back then.

Cuda360

Reaction score
Looks great.. Iam trying to fit a taller rear tire under the cuda. The 255/50/17 s for rear are 27.1 " tall. I have 18's on my roadrunner and the are 295/40 or 45 and there 28" in tall. Trying to get the old look like we use to get when we use to put G 60 15's and they were a tall back then.

I tried to find some taller tires as well. There just aren't many out there. When I finally found one for the rear, there was not a matching front...

704406pkcuda

Reaction score
I tried to find some taller tires as well. There just aren't many out there. When I finally found one for the rear, there was not a matching front...
Ya i searched and searched and i wanted the nito 555's but nobody in our area had them they were going to have to be mailed and was going to have to pay shipping. So the only other ones i could find was the nexen 7000 so i hope they look good. The front tires were in town but the back ones were in tennessee but they were able to get them on a truck and now shipping cost. All is good.

challenger6pak

Reaction score
A taller tire defeats the purpose. Larger wheels were designed so that a tire with less (shorter) side wall could be run on a car. Less side wall means less flex and better handling when compared to a 15 inch wheel and tire combination that is the same overall height and width.

Thanks for posting the pics. I have wanted to see the new wheels on a car.

704406pkcuda

Reaction score
yes dont get me wrong i think your car and wheels and tire combo looks awsome. iam building a show car and dont really care about handling and trying a different look. not saying its right or wrong. just different. and i do aggree that a shorter sidewall does give better handling. beleave me these cars never handled very good back then and they can use all the help they can get.
you have a nice ride.

ramenth

Reaction score
yes dont get me wrong i think your car and wheels and tire combo looks awsome. iam building a show car and dont really care about handling and trying a different look. not saying its right or wrong. just different. and i do aggree that a shorter sidewall does give better handling. beleave me these cars never handled very good back then and they can use all the help they can get.
you have a nice ride.

Try driving a GM sub-framed car, if you don't think the Mopars handled well! Talk about squishy.

I like these wheels, I must say. They look more like the originals, unlike a lot of the billet things that have been on the market for a while.

TobiasM

Reaction score
Hi guys,

it`s an older thread, but seems the right thread to ask my questions:

a) do these 17" yearone rallye-wheels have any technical specifications casted or stamped into them, like rim dimensions, offset/backspace, max. load?

b) any mods necessary for running the 17x9`s yearone-rallyes in the FRONT and BACK?

Appreciate any infos and/or close-up photos very much!

Last edited:

TobiasM

Reaction score
Update: finally ordered a set...looking forward to their arrival.

fk5aar

Reaction score
Here's the magnums on an rt if anyone was wondering

fk5aar

Reaction score
With 555 on them, not the best angle but. Look awesome and I sure hope they handle a lot better. Car came w 14" magnums from factory

IMG_0634.JPG

Back