• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

1970 Challenger convertible

70b5rag

Reaction score
Does anyone have a clue as to how many 1970 383 magnum 4 speed R/T convertibles were built. my dad is original owner and I want to get an idea how rare his car is or is not!

Here is what shes got
383 Magnum
4 speed
B5 blue
Black interior/convertible top
Rallye dash

Thanks,
B

sanman68

Reaction score
I don't know exact numbers but that is a very rare car. Not many RT convertibles and even less with a 4 speed. Wikipedia says 953 RT convertibles. Probably many had a 383? How many with your options and that are left in existence? My guess is less than 50 and maybe lower.

Sanman68

DetMatt1

Reaction score
I show 31 built with a 383 and a 4 spd. I'm sure we would all like to see some pics and you should also see to it that it gets into the E body convertible registry. The guy that owns/runs the registry is a member on this board. His name is Ola and he goes by Cudaized.

70b5rag

Reaction score
I show 31 built with a 383 and a 4 spd. I'm sure we would all like to see some pics and you should also see to it that it gets into the E body convertible registry. The guy that owns/runs the registry is a member on this board. His name is Ola and he goes by Cudaized.

Thanks guys for the great response. This car has been part of our family since new. It was as layed up on jackstands in 1976 and has never been on the road since, leaving it with less than 28,000 original miles. I can not post any pictures right now for fear my dad might be lurking on this site, When we started the restoration he agreed that he would not see the car from the point of primer to completion which will be fairly soon. I will certainly be posting lots of pictures as soon as it is done.

As for the 31 number i think that I found that on another site just today but I thought that was for the base challenger not the R/T? unless i was reading it wrong it looks like my number might be 1 of 138?

Again much appreciated and I will certainly be getting in touch with Cudaized!

B

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Oops, sorry. 149 JS27 383 4 speeds. I was looking at JH....:eek:ccasion14:

Great story though that your dad hasn't seen it since the resto started?

Back