• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

1970 Challenger trunk weatherstrip

OldBikesRule

Reaction score
Can somebody post or send me clear pictures as to how the trunk lid weatherstrip is supposed to be installed for a 1970? Mine was missing and it isn't immediately clear to me how it should be installed. Thanks in advance!

Jeff Woodard
[email protected]

dongei

Reaction score
The replacement weather strip is inexpensive, about $25.00 more or less. It's flat and the ends meet in the middle above the trunk latch. Use black rubber adhesive. If you take your time center it and glue the top down first, then go on to glue the corners taping them down so they don't roll up. Move on to the sides and bottom corners taping everything in place. Lastly cut the ends slightly long glue and press into place and tape. The reason you want them slightly long is that with time they will shrink and leave a space. Hope this helps.

marklfarkl

Reaction score
Here is a video you may find helpful. It's not the same exact car but should be a very similar procedure.

Last edited by a moderator:

72ls5fla

Reaction score
i may be wrong, but I thought the W/S was not seemed right smack in the middle of the latch....

i sorta remember being told it was about 2-3" offset to one side.

Back